Author Topic: Bootlace 2.1 Released for iPhone 2G/3G - Installs OpeniBoot!  (Read 35241 times)

Offline rnn10

• View Profile
Re: Bootlace 2.1 Released for iPhone 2G/3G - Installs OpeniBoot!
« Reply #90 on: November 11, 2010, 03:23:31 PM »
Same problem with me too..''kernel does not match any compatible jailbreaks.....'' 

it is an iphone 3g, i enabled cydia,homescreen wallpaper,battery %.. its jailbroken with redsn0w_win_0.9.6b2

Offline nickp666

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nickpack.com
  • iDevice: iPhone 3G
  • iDroid Version: Bleeding Edge
  • Jailbreak: redsn0w
« Reply #91 on: November 11, 2010, 03:25:44 PM »
Same problem with me too..''kernel does not match any compatible jailbreaks.....'' 

it is an iphone 3g, i enabled cydia,homescreen wallpaper,battery %.. its jailbroken with redsn0w_win_0.9.6b2

Please see post #1 in this topic (specifically the part about issues with b2)
http://dev.idroidproject.org - iDroid Project Community Issue Tracker

http://idroid.nickpack.com - My iDroid File Dump

http://github.com/iDroid-Project - Repos

Offline rnn10

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 11, 2010, 03:52:20 PM »
i jailbreaked it again with redsn0w_win_0.9.6b1 now it works... ;)

Offline saattiii

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 11, 2010, 08:01:53 PM »
I can't use my carrier cause iDroide want PIN code but i have disable it in iOS. When i want connect to my wi-fi network i am connected about 1 sec and then iDroid show me i am disconnected. iDroid is slow on my iPhone 3G (native iOS 4.1, redsn0w 0.9.6b1). Can you someone say me about my problems? Thanks for answers

Sorry for bad english, but i am not native speaker ;-)

Offline ddominator

• The Dominator
  • Global Moderator
  • Sold his soul to Google
    • View Profile
    • Unofficial iDroid News Blog
  • iDevice: iPhone 2G 3.1.3
  • iDroid Version: MoJo 1.0.4.1
  • Jailbreak: redsn0w 0.94 FTW!!!
« Reply #94 on: November 11, 2010, 10:20:37 PM »
I can't use my carrier cause iDroide want PIN code but i have disable it in iOS. When i want connect to my wi-fi network i am connected about 1 sec and then iDroid show me i am disconnected. iDroid is slow on my iPhone 3G (native iOS 4.1, redsn0w 0.9.6b1). Can you someone say me about my problems? Thanks for answers

Sorry for bad english, but i am not native speaker ;-)
SIM PIN is bugged.
WiFi is alo Bugged.

Yes it is slow.

All these are things we already know, so don't worry nothing is wrong with your phone. The Dev team has still to fix these but don't expect them soon (like in 1 week or 1 month).
Help Google takeover the world. Use Android on your mobile devices, use Chrome Browser, use Chrome OS!!!

Offline therealduckie

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 11, 2010, 11:27:33 PM »
You guys might want to change this part of your FAQ (on the Wiki) because the link you give for installing 'gapps' does not work.

Android Market and Google Apps

Q: Okay, how then can I install Android Market and Google Apps?

It looks like it worked on your previous version of iDroid, but since this (Froyo 2.2) update it no longer boots, even if you follow the directions. I tried it more than once.  No good.

Best to remove it to save yourself a few headaches.

Offline ddominator

• The Dominator
  • Global Moderator
  • Sold his soul to Google
    • View Profile
    • Unofficial iDroid News Blog
  • iDevice: iPhone 2G 3.1.3
  • iDroid Version: MoJo 1.0.4.1
  • Jailbreak: redsn0w 0.94 FTW!!!
« Reply #96 on: November 11, 2010, 11:34:29 PM »
You guys might want to change this part of your FAQ (on the Wiki) because the link you give for installing 'gapps' does not work.

Android Market and Google Apps

Q: Okay, how then can I install Android Market and Google Apps?

It looks like it worked on your previous version of iDroid, but since this (Froyo 2.2) update it no longer boots, even if you follow the directions. I tried it more than once.  No good.

Best to remove it to save yourself a few headaches.
Nope that guide was for Froyo (2.2). It just doesn't work properly. Also even if you did get it working, you won't get market working anyways so don't bother.

But thanks for pointing it out, I'll edit the FAQ to warn people to not bother installing Android Market or GApps since it won't work anyways.
Help Google takeover the world. Use Android on your mobile devices, use Chrome Browser, use Chrome OS!!!

Offline therealduckie

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 11, 2010, 11:42:43 PM »
Actually, I found a tutorial to get Market working, but my main reason for wanting the gapps was so I could install other apps (like Apps Installer) so I can put apps on the "sd card" and install them manually (like Facebook and other apps from my legal gPhone).

Either way, thanks for updating the FAQ.  I was almost certain you would have been inundated with requests or emails from people bothering you guys about how to do it.

Offline ws6967

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 12, 2010, 04:11:18 AM »
Hello, could somebody help me out with this please?

I am trying this on my jailbroken iPhone 2G 3.1.2 with custom firmware.

I have successfully installed Bootlace 2.1 and then OpeniBoot. When I tried installing iDroid 1.0.3,  the wifi
always acted up and I got an error message saying the iDroid was unable to be downloaded.

So I was thinking can I manually put the iDroid 1.0.3 already downloaded from somewhere to a certain directory
on the iphone via iphone browser so the Openiboot can locate it and install iDroid from there? Thanks in advance
for the help.

Offline therealduckie

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 12, 2010, 04:21:16 AM »
Hello, could somebody help me out with this please?

I am trying this on my jailbroken iPhone 2G 3.1.2 with custom firmware.

I have successfully installed Bootlace 2.1 and then OpeniBoot. When I tried installing iDroid 1.0.3,  the wifi
always acted up and I got an error message saying the iDroid was unable to be downloaded.

So I was thinking can I manually put the iDroid 1.0.3 already downloaded from somewhere to a certain directory
on the iphone via iphone browser so the Openiboot can locate it and install iDroid from there? Thanks in advance
for the help.

You can download iDroid here:  http://www.idroidproject.org/wiki/Releases#iPhone_2G

Then upload those files to :  /private/var/idroid/

Offline dmyatt

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 12, 2010, 07:30:17 AM »
does bootlace 2.1 back up the nor? i have yet to install idroid on my phone. i just fixed my RS b2 to RS b1 an plan on getting idroid asap. but i dont want to run it if i have a chance of messing it up... after reading (old) post about how important the nor is to back up im afraid to try this b4 i back up my nor.
can some one please help me out?

Offline nickp666

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nickpack.com
  • iDevice: iPhone 3G
  • iDroid Version: Bleeding Edge
  • Jailbreak: redsn0w
« Reply #101 on: November 12, 2010, 08:15:03 AM »
does bootlace 2.1 back up the nor? i have yet to install idroid on my phone. i just fixed my RS b2 to RS b1 an plan on getting idroid asap. but i dont want to run it if i have a chance of messing it up... after reading (old) post about how important the nor is to back up im afraid to try this b4 i back up my nor.

Bootlace doesnt need to back up the NOR, when installing manually the entire NOR is opened for writing, this is why we suggest a backup for that, but with Bootlace, it only flashes certain parts of the NOR, therefore negating the need for a backup
http://dev.idroidproject.org - iDroid Project Community Issue Tracker

http://idroid.nickpack.com - My iDroid File Dump

http://github.com/iDroid-Project - Repos

Offline dmyatt

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 12, 2010, 08:37:38 AM »

Bootlace doesnt need to back up the NOR, when installing manually the entire NOR is opened for writing, this is why we suggest a backup for that, but with Bootlace, it only flashes certain parts of the NOR, therefore negating the need for a backup

ok kool thank you very much

Offline ws6967

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 12, 2010, 12:58:20 PM »
Thanks, Dukie.

I did what you taught me but no luck.

Do I need to unzip the downloaded file or just dump the whole thing into /private/var/idroid/?

Offline joe0852

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 12, 2010, 12:58:55 PM »
Hi~ I'm using ipod touch gen1
When i go to OpeniBoot tab, it said "Update plist could  not be parsed or is invalid"
What happened??

jailbreak=3.1.3+PwnageTool 3.1.5
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 01:03:20 PM by joe0852 »