iDroid Forum

Tutorials => iDroid => Topic started by: dapk1nmasta on January 09, 2011, 06:16:02 PM

Title: [APK's] How I managed to install Apps onto iDroid
Post by: dapk1nmasta on January 09, 2011, 06:16:02 PM
OK so it is a bit hard for me to use a device without apps. I looked around and experimented with several things, and finally found how to install apps from an APK file. I will split it into two tutorials. The first one being for iOS, the second one for iDroid. Note: There are two types of APK files. The first one is an installable, pre-packaged file. The second one is an already extracted file, which cannot be used with this method.

How-To for iOS:
-Boot into iOS
-If you haven't already, launch Cydia and install OpenSSH.
-Install and open WinSCP on your computer.
-SSH into your iDevice by following the steps below:
--Log in using your phone's IP address (192.168.x.x, which can be found by connecting to your WiFi network and going to Settings->Wireless->Tap the blue arrow next to the network you are connected to->Look next to IPv4. Copy this down or remember it in your head.
--Enter your phone's IP address into the Host: box, and for username put "root", and password put "alpine". (you should change the password later. I won't include this. Visit this link to find out how to change it. (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=changing+ssh+password+iphone)
--Click connect. If a box comes up with a lot of text, click Yes.
-In the first pane, navigate to the directory you downloaded the APK to.
-In the second pane, go to /private/var/sdcard/download. (correct me if I am wrong on the /private/var part)
-Drag and drop the APK.
-Right click on the APK, click properties, and change the permissions to 777. Repeat with the download folder, and sdcard folder.
(Note: you only need to change the permissions of the folder one time. You must change the permissions of each APK, however.
-Close the connection by exiting WinSCP.
-Boot into iDroid, open the file manager, navigate to the download folder, tap the APK, confirm, and it should install.

How-To for iDroid:
Instructions coming soon.
Title: Re: [APK's] How I managed to install Apps onto iDroid
Post by: Jackc95 on January 16, 2011, 04:39:48 PM
Thanks you. I tried installing two apk files. The first one failed to install and I don't know why. I downloaded Doom.apk and installed with success. I don't know why the first one didn't work and the second one did can you explain to me why?
Post by: Droid_junkie on January 17, 2011, 05:39:43 AM
why not use the 'adb install /filepathnametoapk.apk' instead of doing all that?
Post by: Jackc95 on January 22, 2011, 04:59:40 AM
idk how dude
Post by: dapk1nmasta on January 23, 2011, 06:25:41 PM
why not use the 'adb install /filepathnametoapk.apk' instead of doing all that?

I didn't have any luck with adb.
Post by: simonleyo on May 23, 2011, 09:41:10 PM
For mac please i am a mac user not Windows. Windows is a bolshit
Post by: ddominator on May 23, 2011, 11:03:43 PM
For mac please i am a mac user not Windows. Windows is a bolshit
Just SSH into your device and do the first post using commands instead of a GUI.
Post by: umerly on June 16, 2011, 07:02:03 AM
can u plz make a video how to do this pllllllzzzzzzzzz it wood be so mch easier