iDroid Project Forum

Retired Ports => iPod Touch 1G => Topic started by: Perurena on August 04, 2011, 09:30:00 PM

Title: Problem installing OpeniBoot
Post by: Perurena on August 04, 2011, 09:30:00 PM
Hi!

I have been trying to install OpeniBoot following this instructions http://www.idroidproject.org/wiki/Installing_OpeniBoot and when I have to write oibc I have this error:

Failed to open OpeniBoot connection (2).

Thanks for everything.
Title: Re: Problem installing OpeniBoot
Post by: ddominator on August 06, 2011, 12:04:19 AM
Can you be more specific?

What Operating System are you using? What iOS version?

Did loadibec work?
Post by: brnonsense on August 08, 2011, 09:50:43 PM
i have this same problem with my ipod touch 1g i am useing ios 3.1.2 and its on windows xp loadibec works and i can running idroid but when it comes to running openiboot i need a computer to do it is there a way to make a install button on openiboot like on iphodroid?
Post by: ddominator on August 09, 2011, 06:54:16 AM
i have this same problem with my ipod touch 1g i am useing ios 3.1.2 and its on windows xp loadibec works and i can running idroid but when it comes to running openiboot i need a computer to do it is there a way to make a install button on openiboot like on iphodroid?

Yes you need a computer to run openiboot.

You can use Bootlace if you don't want to use a computer.
Post by: brnonsense on August 13, 2011, 10:34:45 AM
does manually installing openiboot require usb 2.0 by chance?
Post by: Drew956 on September 03, 2011, 04:14:46 AM
Sorry to bump this, but is the server down for bootlace and openiboot or whatever? :<
I downloaded bootlace to my itouch 1g, and I installed the iDroid thing but when I tried to install the openiboot thing it said the whole
'unable to retrieve firmware from apple servers'.
Is there any hope, and by firmware does it mean like os 3.1.2, or what?
Sooo confuzzled... 
Please excuse my noobiness, as I am a newbie :D
Thank you, and please let me know :)
Post by: ddominator on September 03, 2011, 05:01:04 AM
The server is down on Apple's side. As it said, unable to retrieve firmware from apple servers.

Firmware is 3.1.2. It is needed for the patching of the kernel so OpeniBoot can be installed.

You have to install OpeniBoot manually sadly.
Post by: diemer on September 16, 2011, 08:34:10 AM
There is a workaround that may be a little easier that will let you keep using bootlace, but it requires you modify your hosts file on the ipod (which isn't that bad).

if you run a local webserver on a machine on your network and put these firmwares in the following folders of your webroot:
Code: [Select]
iPhone1,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw in content.info.apple.com/iPhone/061-7268.20091008.32pNe/
iPhone1,1_3.1.3_7E18_Restore.ipsw in content.info.apple.com/iPhone/061-7481.20100202.4orot/
iPod1,1_3.1.3_7E18_Restore.ipsw also in ProtectedAsset/iPodTouch/061-7479.20100202.Secrc/

then add these entries to the hosts file on your iPod Touch (/etc/hosts) where "<localcomputer>" is your webserver's ipaddress:
Code: [Select]
<localcomputer>     appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite.net
<localcomputer>     pfd.apple.com

then hard power cycle your ipod touch (or issue the reboot command via ssh on it) and when it comes back up things should work.

Now I know this is not exactly a newbie friendly fix, but it's a quite a bit easier than installing openiboot manually. Hope this helps someone.  ;D