Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - James

Pages: [1]
iX / iX - Ubuntu for the iPhone 2nd Dev release.
« on: August 08, 2010, 10:17:20 AM »
Hello again.

Just like to announce to the forum that the second developer image is now up and running, the only really new thing is landscape orientation, but I have fixed many of the bugs that were caused by my human error in the last release. In short, this is a much cleaner image. If you are going to download and give Ubuntu a try please read the READMEFIRST, it includes a short tutorial. The first time you run the image will take than you should expect with this being a cleaner install xfce4 has not set up directory structure ect. the second time you boot it'll be much faster. A Fedora port to the iPhone is under way thanks to Affix and Lopi in #ix.

Please check on ixproject.org for download, a picture and a video.

James

iX / Release: iX - Ubuntu for the Apple iPhone 3g, dev. image
« on: July 31, 2010, 10:56:56 PM »
I'd like to introduce iX, a port of the Ubuntu operating system to the Apple iPhone 3G (Working on 2G now). At the moment this is only a very rough and basic development image and is in no way intended for use as even a secondary OS for the iPhone but I'm making it available for those who want to give a try or even help develop iX. For more information and download links, please go to www.ixproject.org.

James.

iPhone 3G / Re: [DL] Broken Power Button? Keys Remapped
« on: May 20, 2010, 09:43:00 AM »
Thanks! Will try upload it to my phone despite my workplace's IT lockdown. I've stored your brief tutorial on where keymaps are stored for future reference, it'll come in handy when I figure out how to copy over the statusbar navigation from the Android-x86 kernel.

« on: May 19, 2010, 09:03:54 PM »
The zImage worked fine and now both volume up and down serve as a back button since though, the menu now won't stay up it scrolls back to the bottom immediately also the status bar will drag down but constantly flicker.
Have you had this issue with your phone?

« on: May 19, 2010, 02:25:36 PM »
You're a lifesaver, will give it a try.

iPhone 3G / Re: Button Map
« on: May 17, 2010, 12:20:36 PM »
Just what I needed, I found a keymap under system/usr/... but chaging and recompiling didn't make a difference, I'll try this and report back.

iPhone 3G / Re: Button Map
« on: May 14, 2010, 12:22:47 AM »
I turn it on using the charger, use Notarli's triboot for selection, I use springboard in iPhone os to shutdown and su reboot in android, I don't need the power button if I can just re map the power key to the volume up.

iPhone 3G / Button Map
« on: May 13, 2010, 09:45:54 AM »
My power button is damaged so at the moment once I go into a menu I can't get back out again. The volume up button currently brings up dailer history which is useless to me as calls arn't working yet.
Does anyone know how I could switch the function of the power button and the volume up button so that volume up goes back and the power button goes to dailer history?

Thanks! It's 1:30 now and I'm at work tomorrow so I'll have to give it a go over the weekend.
Someone should write an updated tutorial I might give it a try myself If I can actually get it running, unless a new tutorial isn't necessary.
Edit: "Spoke" too soon http://www.pcworld.com/article/195789/a ... ne_3g.html

Glad to see that someone has reported multitouch up and running in Android aswell.

I've looked through the Multitouch Anyone thread but I can't find Bulldogs' post where you say you got the kernel from could you please link to it?

iPhone 3G / Re: LAB Releases - Results
« on: April 30, 2010, 01:08:24 AM »
Wiki says 3g multitouch is in next few days, keep your fingers crossed and keep checking blog/wiki

Pages: [1]