Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - Peacemaker

Pages: [1] 2
Other Devices / Is this real or fake?
« on: November 24, 2011, 12:00:14 AM »
So I saw something on iFans forums that definitely looked fake.
http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2882216

According to the blog, this guy was able to make "iLoader", a program that'll allow you to install Android on the supported devices: iPod touch 1G, iPhone 3G, iPhone 2G, iPod touch 2G, and iPhone 4.

I seriously doubt this guy is for real. I mean, his program went from Alpha to Official in less than a week. And since none of the legit iDroid devs have confirmed support on A4, I think this guy is just trolling.

The only reason I'm asking is because someone on iFans thinks this is real. So I want to confirm my doubts; is it or is it not legitimate?

General discussion / Hey...
« on: August 11, 2011, 11:20:12 PM »
It's been a while since I've been here, so I'll take the time to say hello. ;)

Okay, so the dual booting project started just a half year ago is going well with progress. We are supporting new iDevices, creating an automated installation app (similar to nidawson's Bootlace, and even have our own forum.

So, while testing for NAND devices, we already know that the partitions are encrypted, showing up as zeros, and unused. We know that you have to use VFDecrypt to decrypt them, and we already have the whole root filesystem saved on our desktop (OVER 340MB!). Are we doing this right, or do we need to decrypt something else?

It'd be nice if one of the actual iDroid devs helped me, because I know that you guys decrypted partitions a lot in your progress (I'm trying to name a certain dev here, but I can't remember...). Our project really needs to know how you did it properly, so the cylinders, hd, and et cetera is shown.

Thanks, and peace. Hope to hear from you soon.

General discussion / iOSx2 for 3.1.2 and 4.0.1
« on: March 26, 2011, 01:23:49 AM »
Lock requested,

General discussion / OpeniBoot for iOS Dual-Boot
« on: March 25, 2011, 04:56:59 AM »
I'm thinking of (after the dual-boot with iBoot), i'll ditch iBoot and make an OpeniBoot build, specifically for this. I read the Wiki article, seems simple (I hope?), and I think all I need to change are the NVRAM flags.
oibc-defualt-os: 0=iPhoneOS3, 1=iPhoneOS4, 2=Console.
May be more to change, though. Any thoughts, suggestions, tips, experience?

Off topic / Karma
« on: March 07, 2011, 02:55:00 AM »
How the heck does Rekoil have +1339 karma?? I got -1 (thanks, to whoever) but how do yo have that many? DDominator has many posts, many MORE, but he has +12 only. Just wondering. I got pretty curious.

General discussion / libusb0.dll
« on: March 05, 2011, 05:12:36 PM »
Anybody have the time to find a direct download link for me? need it for testing of redj0hnny. Google gives me crap, all i find is a wiki article of libusb0.dll. So ddominator, nickp666, iRekoil?

iX / Working iX for iPhone 3G
« on: February 23, 2011, 05:01:51 AM »
Sorry to be annoying you guys again. I need a working terminal for changing boot values once I'm booted in 4.2.1. Almost every firm. I'm on, iX screws itself with a kernel panic. I need to have a confirmed working one for 3G. Maybe the old ones work?

P.S. Lopi is never on Twitter and forums, so any other moderators willing to help me out?

>_pEAcE
>_pEAcE: sh: command not found. ;-)

General discussion / USB in iDroid
« on: February 21, 2011, 06:36:09 PM »
ddominator-
There's a AppleUSBDevice .plist file somewhere in (/var/mobile, i think). I think if you edit a copy of it to make it as an SD card .plist, then put the copy in the firmware folder, it would show up as an SD card on a comp. Would this work? I tried this before without editing. no luck. Maybe WITH edits....?

UPDATE- it's in /System/Library.

General discussion / Dual-booting iOSs
« on: February 20, 2011, 12:14:12 AM »
Hey guys, wanted to ask which other two iOSs would you like to start dual-booting?  ???

General discussion / Recovery Mode help.
« on: February 12, 2011, 11:01:34 PM »
I was working on the dual-boot project. The final steps were to change the boot values. I did, and now, the iPhone has both 3.1.2 and 4.2.1, but it is stuck in Recovery Mode. Restoring won't help because of the boot values, and I need iPHUC to change the boot value so I can boot into 3.1.2 and mount 4.2.1 on /mnt. I googled everywhere, found iPHUC, but it is one with only four working commands, neither which will change the values. Can anyone please try to help me find one that has multi-commands, rather than that? I know there is one, but I can't find it. Thanks.

:P

Rekoil edits: FTFY

General discussion / Honeycomb 3.0 name suggestion
« on: January 29, 2011, 10:55:19 PM »
Well, with Honeycomb coming out for Android, it's a matter of time before a port comes, and I thought up a name. When Android is booting, with the blue letters, when you hold it upside down it says "ClotCod". It might sound wierd, but hey, it's only a suggestion.

iPod Touch 2G / iPod Touch 2G MC models
« on: January 27, 2011, 11:47:33 PM »
Yeah... About that. Would OpeniBoot work on that? I heard of MB models, which is my iPhone, but what about MC? Thanks. pEAcE.

Off topic / OK, bye guys :(
« on: January 20, 2011, 04:11:59 AM »
I'm gonna quit all these ports for a while. I'll keep my account registered for my info and stuff. But I'm going to Cydia for hacking tools like Terminal, iFile, and Veency. Really hope you guys make the whole Android onto iPhone! Cheers! And bye.  :(

Off topic / Another survey:)
« on: January 20, 2011, 01:44:45 AM »
Hey guys,
I thought I would post a survey to break the heat, with all these new releases coming out. So here it goes.

1) What are you: Dev, Hacker, Just Another Guy Who Is Using This Awesome Boots, Moderator, etc.
2) What is your most favorite success: New Release, A New Config [like figuring out something], Helpin' Out Someone
3) Did you find this post annoying?: Yes, No, Maybe, None o' your business. :)

I am:
1) A Hacker (good one that is, nothin' illegal)
2) A New Config
3) None o' Your Business (Yes, I know you know I was going to say that)

pEAcE oUT

iDroid Tutorials / Wi-Fi fix
« on: January 17, 2011, 05:28:26 PM »
I heard of a lot of people who are saying that the Wi-Fi isn't working, is just stuck on scanning. Well, I found a small fix for it. I tried turning off the Wi-Fi and back on, but it still wouldn't scan. So, here it is, simple as pie (or cake, who gives a crap):

Go to Settings>Wireless and Networks>Wifi Settings
Turn on wifi, and press Home/Menu. Select scan (I know it auto scans, but just do it)
Wait 3-4 seconds, and then turn Wi-Fi off
Turn it back on, and it should work nicely and scan the place properly!

NOTE: if it doesn't work for some of you, notice that I am on 3.1.2, redsn0w jailbreak, and iPhone 3G. It should though, because I've tried it numerous times and it has been successful for me.

Pages: [1] 2