Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Lopi

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
iX / Re: iX update?
« on: October 24, 2011, 07:07:22 PM »
How is the iX project coming?  I seem to remember a few months back, iX was switched to iSHR and C code was being reworked.  Anything to relate about the work?  Any new YouTube videos?

I haven't done much work on iX since the latest release. I fixed quite a few bugs, but no new features have been added. I decided to stop developing for the older devices (i.e. iPhone2G, iPhone3G, and IPT1G). Albeit, I will still provide support for my images. The plan moving forward is to port Ubuntu to the iPad1G. If someone wants to pick up the iPhone4, IPT4G, or any other ports please let me know; I'd be more than happy to help you get started. Right now I'm waiting on the kernel level nand driver to be finished for the A4 devices. At this point all I can do is boot the Linux kernel.

iX / Re: openiboot and ubuntudevimage -readme -help
« on: September 10, 2011, 11:03:21 PM »
Hello,

this might help you http://0xbeefc0de.org/~ix/wp/?p=67#comment-38

Do this.

iX / Re: iX SHR 1.00 for 3G
« on: March 01, 2011, 12:13:05 AM »
I renamed initrd.img.gz to android.img.gz and put it in /var/idroid. I also put zImage in /var/idroid
Then I created the folder ix in the /var directory and put ix.img in there, then I tried to boot into iX using openiboot. It worked once, and I got to a screen with a cursor, a button that said English (US) and a next button, but the screen wasn't responding so I rebooted, went into Bootlace, and extracted the Multi-touch firmware, then booted it again, but the screen still didn't work. Then I rebooted it a third time and got the error message

The files are corrupted. Delete all the files and copy them again. Make sure you have the following files in /var/firmware/
sd8686.bin
sd8686_helper.bin
zephyr2.bin
zephyr2_proxcal.bin
zephyr2_cal.bin

It's also possible the touch screen is now at a different location in the device tree. It's usually located at /dev/input/event2.
I have sd8686.bin, sd8686_helper.bin, and zephyr2.bin. Where do I get zephyr2_proxcal.bin and zephyr2_cal.bin?

You shouldn't need them. I'm not sure why it's not booting. I apologize for the delayed response. What iOS verison are you running?

« on: February 11, 2011, 10:45:02 PM »
I renamed initrd.img.gz to android.img.gz and put it in /var/idroid. I also put zImage in /var/idroid
Then I created the folder ix in the /var directory and put ix.img in there, then I tried to boot into iX using openiboot. It worked once, and I got to a screen with a cursor, a button that said English (US) and a next button, but the screen wasn't responding so I rebooted, went into Bootlace, and extracted the Multi-touch firmware, then booted it again, but the screen still didn't work. Then I rebooted it a third time and got the error message

The files are corrupted. Delete all the files and copy them again. Make sure you have the following files in /var/firmware/
sd8686.bin
sd8686_helper.bin
zephyr2.bin
zephyr2_proxcal.bin
zephyr2_cal.bin

It's also possible the touch screen is now at a different location in the device tree. It's usually located at /dev/input/event2.

« on: February 11, 2011, 06:52:05 PM »
I've got an iPhone 3G

Where did you place all the required files and what are their names? It sounds like you're not using the kernel I provided with release.

« on: February 11, 2011, 12:42:13 AM »
So uh, I really wanna try out iX, it's really peaked my interest. I copied all the files over to their directories(Yes I read the README) but when I go to boot iX I get the error:
pivot_root: Device or resource busy
chroot: can't execute '/sbin/init': No such file or directory
kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!

So what's the problem here?

This could be quite a few different things. What device do you have?

iX / Re: iX SHR Release
« on: January 21, 2011, 05:33:24 PM »
OK, I got a kernel panic. Now what do I do? I want this so badly! Please amswer me Lopi.  >:(

What device do you have? What iOS version? Do you have all the required firmware files in /var/firmware?

« on: January 21, 2011, 05:31:39 PM »
is it compatible with iPod touch 1G??

Yes, use the iDroid kernel for IPT1G instead of the one I provide.

« on: January 19, 2011, 01:01:35 AM »
Now THIS is going to be good. But Gingerbread is coming out soon, too I hear on Twitter. Maybe I can use the custom builds to tripple boot iX along with Gingerbread?  :-\ Well, I think I'm going to try this out. Good job on the release.

Compile the new openiboot and you can triple boot easily. It may be text based, but I have been using it for weeks.

iX / iX SHR Release
« on: January 18, 2011, 08:20:34 PM »
Hey folks,

It has been awhile since I have made a blog post. iX went through some serious changes. I recently switched domains and hosts. The good news is this is a release post. I’ll start by listing what hardware is functional in iX.

What works:

1.) CPU
2.) USB
3.) NOR
4.) NAND
5.) LCD
6.) WLAN – Scans properly with interfaces file configured correctly.
7.) Audio – Speakers and headphones.
8.) GPU – Framebuffer only, no acceleration.
9.) Touchscreen

What doesn’t work:

1.) Baseband (Voice) – Work in progress (Texts and Phone calls).
Ultrasn0w unlock and wildcard unlock must be ported to fsogsmd from
iDroid ril source.
2.) Accelerometer – Works, but requires restarting Xorg. Need to
implement rotation without restarting Xorg.
3.) Bluetooth
4.) Baseband (Data/3G)
5.) PMU – Partially implemented at the kernel level. Need to implement
in SHR. Suspend/Resume works in iDroid (Android).
6.) Camera
7.) Multi-touch

I hope everyone likes the release as I worked very hard on it. Unfortunately, I didn’t have time to make another video. You can refer to my previous one here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w3grzo_ybM

For support, please visit www.idroidproject.org and post in the support section for iX in the forums. You can also get support on irc on the following server: irc.osx86.hu channel: #iX

Release: http://idroid.nickpack.com/iX/iX-SHR-3G-1.00.zip

Follow the instructions in the read me. I hope everyone enjoys it!

Cheers,

Lopi

iX / Re: Release: iX - Ubuntu for the Apple iPhone 3g, dev. image
« on: January 16, 2011, 10:10:06 PM »
Heh heh. :) Thanks. But I really want the new Ubuntu image. Lopi told me that you guys are on irc, and would provide me with that image there. But i cant find your page over there. Can you give me a direct link to there? Also, is the wifi working with the new image?

Server: irc.osx86.hu
Channel: #iX

Wifi is working properly.

iX Development / Re: iX Project Plans
« on: January 14, 2011, 01:02:14 AM »
Can you give me a link for it then? Oh, and this, I know is a noob Q, but what will Ubuntu on iPhone give you? Is it better than iDroid? :-\

I responded to you in the other threads. I will not post a link on the forums yet as it's not ready. However, I will provide you with an image, ramdisk, and kernel if you get on irc. Otherwise, you'll have to wait until the new website is ready.

iX / Re: Release: iX - Ubuntu for the Apple iPhone 3g, dev. image
« on: January 14, 2011, 01:00:07 AM »
The download link up there is dead (not there) can you provide me with a new one? Thanks ;)

Hop on irc and I will provide you with an up to date image. Otherwise, you can download the old development image released by James here: http://idroid.nickpack.com/iX/iX-UbuntuDevImageV0.01.rar

Please take into consideration that iX is no longer based on Ubuntu. It is now based on an OpenMoko Distribution called SHR.

iX / Re: ixproject.org hacked?
« on: January 14, 2011, 12:55:26 AM »
I have purchased a new domain. We will be back soon. A friend is hosting it for free on his server. We will have a blog, wiki, and forums. I'm working on getting everything very organized. I will announce the new domain as soon as we have content on the blog, wiki, and forums. This will also include a release. Although, I need to sort through a few more issues with iX first. If you would like to help out testing or developing hop on irc and contact me. There's a variety of tasks I need help with, some of which require no technical skills. Most importantly, please be patient.

iX Development / Re: iX Project Plans
« on: January 12, 2011, 03:35:55 AM »
Any idea when avalible for iPhone 3G? I heard its only 2G, but I don't know. Thanks

Actually, iX primarily supports the iPhone 3G. The 2G is supported, but there has been very little interest. A new development image is available for testing. Although, iX is now based on an OpenMoko distribution called SHR. I should be releasing by the end of the week. Hop on irc and I will provide you with an image, ramdisk, and kernel.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4