Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - nickp666

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 40
OpeniBoot Development / Re: Damaged YAFTL context
« on: May 24, 2012, 09:33:01 PM »
Currently we only do a read only restore because the code is as buggy as fuck, removing the panic wasnt entirely a good thing to do!

Have you tried a DFU restore? sometimes gets you out of it.

iPhone 3G / Re: iDroid 11.04 has problems ?
« on: April 19, 2012, 04:10:46 PM »
There is a bug in the 11.04 releases kernel that causes it to crash and reboot a lot more than it should. I would suggest uploading the kernel from the previous release as this is more stable and should stop that from happening.

To do this:

http://cdn.idroidproject.org/release/idroid/11.02/iDroid-Pepparkaka-11.02-3G.tar.gz

Download the above file, extract its contents and put the zImage in /private/var/idroid on your iPhone (You dont need any of the other images from the archive).

Bootlace / Re: Not compatible
« on: April 17, 2012, 09:59:27 AM »
There isnt a port for it, so the only way you'll ever get android on it, is if someone works on the port.

Bootlace / Re: Kernel does not match compatible jailbreaks
« on: April 16, 2012, 10:56:10 AM »
It appears the kernel patches in later redsn0w are different to what they used to be, and are therefore failing our checksums, We need to update the signatures in bootlace but I'm not sure if or when this will happen.

Best bet is to jailbreak with an older redsn0w for now until I can give a more definitive timescale.

Bootlace / Re: Not compatible
« on: April 16, 2012, 10:54:48 AM »
There isnt an iPod Touch 2G port, this is why it isnt compatible.

Supported devices for bootlace are mentioned in the notes in BigBoss.

You could potentially put a route in your iPods hosts file and serve the firmware with a local http daemon, but really that is overkill.

Just manually install.

The error you pasted on IRC is because you dont have libusb installed, install it with the OSX install package for oib tools I put together, or use homebrew.

Then that would suggest that there is a hardware issue rather than a software one, either the cable or the USB port it is plugged in to are likely candidates but could also be the dock connector on the device.

iPod Touch 1G / Re: iDroid Constantly crashes
« on: February 06, 2012, 08:31:26 PM »
Try an older kernel, there was something up with the kernel on the 1st gen in the very last release.

DFU Mode should still work with openiboot installed (this is built in at hardware level) but you could always uninstall openiboot first if it makes it any easier (there is an uninstall guide on the wiki somewhere)

iPhone 2G / Re: Please Help me to restore iOS
« on: February 06, 2012, 08:29:06 PM »
If you have restored, then you have uninstalled iDroid (Its only a software mod) - if your device is going into DFU now then that is probably nothing at all to do with iDroid

Bootlace / Re: Problem with zephyr2.bin - iDroid won't boot
« on: February 06, 2012, 08:27:31 PM »
There seems to be an issue with newer versions of redsn0w and the z2 firmware extraction process - re-jailbreak with an older redsn0w is your best bet (no restore needed, do it over the top)

Apple have prevented us from pulling the required firmware files from their servers (Which we cannot host legally) direct from phones which is why Bootlace will not install it on a 1G iPod.

You can still install manually as this process is different.

Bootlace / Re: Unbelievable
« on: February 06, 2012, 08:24:01 PM »
LOL

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 40