Author Topic: Whats going on?  (Read 1090 times)

ric0shay

Whats going on?
« on: September 14, 2010, 12:47:32 PM »
Hi all I,m new to the fourm but you come highly recommended.

Im having trouble installing IPhoDroid on my 2g Iphone.Its jail broken with redsnow and is running on 3.1.2.I use iPhoDroid_1SHOT_R13k_2G_PC to try install.All seemd to go will but at the very end when the installer finishes my iphone screen turns black and then goes straight to recovery mode and I dfont get to finish the installer on my phone.

Any Ideas how i might fix this?

Cheers again everyone and keep up the good work!

Offline nickp666

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nickpack.com
  • iDevice: Various
  • iDroid Version: Latest
  • Jailbreak: Various
Re: Whats going on?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 02:15:34 PM »
iPhodroid is not supported here

Offline Rekoil

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Whats going on?
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 09:11:42 PM »
Why don't you at least explain why iPhoDroid isn't supported nickp666 :P

iPhoDroid isn't supported because it's dangerous. We can not view the source code to figure out exactly why, all we know is that it breaks phones left and right. My suggestion is to manually install OpeniBoot (quite simple if you have access to a linux or OS X computer) and then install iDroid via an app called Bootlace, information about both of these steps can be found on our Wiki.

It should also be noted that sergiomcfly (the author of iPhoDroid) did not create iDroid, not in any way, all he did was take what was created here by the community, change a few things in our pre-compiled images, and create a glorified script parser to copy the files to the correct places.
32gb factory unlocked iPhone 3GS with early bootrom and shsh for all available firmwares
others: 16gb iPhone 3G, 16gb iPhone 2G, 8gb iPod touch 1G, 16gb iPod touch 1G, aTV2

status