Author Topic: iDroid MoJo V1.0.3 Release Announcement  (Read 31010 times)

jmustnn

Re: iDroid MoJo V1.0.3 Release Announcement
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2010, 07:32:45 AM »
Good job guys! Looking forward to install this one. Keep on the good work!

Offline jjgoh

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2010, 08:30:49 AM »
good job man. it is running real fast now. and the battery longer and cooler than before.... keep up the good job!

Offline jjgoh

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2010, 08:40:44 AM »
by the way, can someone tell me what is this "System UID's Inconsistent" stuff? Description as "UIDs on the system are inconsistent, you need to wipe your data partition or your device will be unstable".

FYI, i can't install the new openiboot (always stucked in the oibc portion though success with loadibec) and still continue with the old version and after i downloaded mojo 1.0.3, i extract and use iphonebrowser to copy all 5 files from "idroid" folder to "private\var" and another 2 files (sd8686*.*) to "private\var\firmware".... though i'm not sure whether this will break anything but it's working now. unless the UIDs stuff and also after boot to iOS (3.1.3), always got safe mode but restart kick that away.

another thing is, how do we install apps from market... beside gapps (still haven't figure it out how to install it manually), market is not allowed as well?

forgive me if i ask stupid question.....

Offline nickp666

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nickpack.com
  • iDevice: Various
  • iDroid Version: Latest
  • Jailbreak: Various
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2010, 08:55:24 AM »
by the way, can someone tell me what is this "System UID's Inconsistent" stuff? Description as "UIDs on the system are inconsistent, you need to wipe your data partition or your device will be unstable".

FYI, i can't install the new openiboot (always stucked in the oibc portion though success with loadibec) and still continue with the old version and after i downloaded mojo 1.0.3, i extract and use iphonebrowser to copy all 5 files from "idroid" folder to "private\var" and another 2 files (sd8686*.*) to "private\var\firmware".... though i'm not sure whether this will break anything but it's working now. unless the UIDs stuff and also after boot to iOS (3.1.3), always got safe mode but restart kick that away.

another thing is, how do we install apps from market... beside gapps (still haven't figure it out how to install it manually), market is not allowed as well?

forgive me if i ask stupid question.....

Sounds like your userdata image is corrupt, so you'll need to re-transfer a clean one to fix the UID issue.

MoJo releases need to be in /private/var/idroid

Google are blocking unauthorized devices from accessing market properly, there are some posts in the help boards that _MAY_ be able to help you with that.

Offline jjgoh

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2010, 09:18:49 AM »
thanks for the help, will re-copy the one. will remove the 5 files from "private/var" and copy to "proviate/var/idroid" but will it work if i'm not in the latest openiboot?

the other question i have is, am i possible to develop android apps with this iphone 2g, whether through the app inventer or the sdk?

Offline nickp666

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2010, 09:36:46 AM »
thanks for the help, will re-copy the one. will remove the 5 files from "private/var" and copy to "proviate/var/idroid" but will it work if i'm not in the latest openiboot?

the other question i have is, am i possible to develop android apps with this iphone 2g, whether through the app inventer or the sdk?

You will need the new openiBoot to boot iDroid >= 1.0.2 (Newer releases will not boot successfully from /private/var anyway without modification) - if you are having difficulty with this I would suggest posting in the relevant help board.

It is possible to develop android apps on iDroid, but given the inherent limitations of our present builds, I suspect that it will be made more complicated than it needs to be, I would suggest (until we have it stablised) that you either use the simulator or a proper android phone - this will change in the future as our work continues, but I dont think that it is a particularly viable development platform at the moment.

Offline jjgoh

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2010, 10:55:10 AM »
noted. thanks for the help!

Offline Roger.Wilco

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2010, 12:51:17 PM »
Overall just seems to work better, wifi, sound, touch, typing seems a little faster. Screen actually turns off instead of just dimming. Browser works. Superuser works. Sdcard can be read.

Does the sdcard work just as is, or do you have to do that sdcard fix thing to get it working?

And great work guys, will be downloading this tonight!  :)

Offline nickp666

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2010, 12:56:27 PM »
Overall just seems to work better, wifi, sound, touch, typing seems a little faster. Screen actually turns off instead of just dimming. Browser works. Superuser works. Sdcard can be read.

Does the sdcard work just as is, or do you have to do that sdcard fix thing to get it working?

And great work guys, will be downloading this tonight!  :)

Just make a directory called 'sdcard' in /private/var and put your files in it :)

Offline Carlcox89

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2010, 03:57:24 PM »
Thank you :) Will give it a try!

One question, what's USB gadget driver for ?

Offline Roger.Wilco

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2010, 08:50:31 PM »
Just make a directory called 'sdcard' in /private/var and put your files in it :)

Done that, getting message that the sdcard is unmounted or not present?

Offline nickp666

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2010, 08:52:27 PM »
You sure you are using 1.0.3? what is telling you that, settings or an app?

Offline Roger.Wilco

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2010, 08:57:13 PM »
You sure you are using 1.0.3? what is telling you that, settings or an app?

Yup, just upgraded.

Getting that when I try to change the wallpaper.

Offline nickp666

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2010, 09:06:30 PM »
Changing the wallpaper from gallery doesnt work at the moment (Well gallery doesnt work at all) I'm afraid - its on the ever increasing todo/bugfix list :)

Offline Roger.Wilco

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2010, 09:24:36 PM »
Changing the wallpaper from gallery doesnt work at the moment (Well gallery doesnt work at all) I'm afraid - its on the ever increasing todo/bugfix list :)

lol, ok, so no way to change the wallpaper then?

Very nice update btw, much faster than before.  :)