Author Topic: possibly bricked 3g  (Read 872 times)

Offline khera

• View Profile
  • iDevice: iPhone 3g
  • iDroid Version: MoJo 1.0.3
  • Jailbreak: PwnageTool 4
possibly bricked 3g
« on: December 08, 2010, 01:09:06 AM »
so i had openiboot and idroid both installed from cydia, everything was working as expected, i went to shut down the android os from the pop up menu. the screen goes black as expected.. then a few hrs later or so i come back to the iphone to power it back on, but nothing appears on the screen.  so i attempt a hard boot.  again nothing..  then I attempted to restore from DFU mode, and it would not complete, the progress bar on the iphone would get to about 95% and just freeze there. i unplugged it and attempted again, still nothing. 

the next day i come back to the iphone and attempt to power it on expecting to see nothing, but it boots to the openiboot menu, so i atempt to boot in to the console, but it freezes at the OPENIBOOT logo. and some scrambled text. 

any ideas how i can bring this iphone back to life? it is a iphone 3g running fw version 4.1.

Offline khera

• View Profile
Re: possibly bricked 3g
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 01:11:52 AM »
i was also unable to get back in to ios, it would just auto reboot back to the openiboot menu.

Offline ddominator

• Global Moderator
  • Trust me, I'm a doctor.
    • View Profile
    • Unofficial iDroid News Blog
  • iDevice: iPhone 2G 3.1.3
  • iDroid Version: Pepparkaka (ddominator custom)
  • Jailbreak: redsn0w 0.94
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 02:31:53 AM »
Yeah Console mode really boots with the OPENIBOOT logo with some garbled text...

Uhm have you ever installed iPhodroid before?

Hmm strange that DFU didn't work and that Openiboot was still installed (it should have been removed after DFU restore).
Help Google takeover the world. Use Android on your mobile devices, use Chrome Browser, use Chrome OS!!!  Sell your souls to Google!
Useful links:
FAQ - http://www.idroidproject.org/wiki/FAQ
User Manual - http://www.idroidproject.org/wiki/User_Manual
Recovery Mode - http://www.idroidproject.org/wiki/DFU

Offline khera

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 04:24:04 AM »
yeah i had installed android through bootlace, but i did not install openboot at that time, i think it was when the iphone was on 4.01, but i did a DFU restore after that though.

i've tried to DFU restore to 4.2.1 also and that does not solve the issue either.

Offline khera

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 04:49:01 AM »
well, i just tried to restore with a stock 4.2.1 and i was able to restore it.  but now i lose my unlock unless i use the ipad baseband. strange since i had tried this last week, i pretty much had given up hope on restoring it.

Offline Peacemaker

• WTF, boom.
    • View Profile
Re: possibly bricked
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 04:53:39 PM »
Dude, I don't know if you heard of downgrading, but it's really simple. I would reccommend going all the way to 3.1.2. 4.x.x gives you almost nothing good. So here it is:

•Download a firmware from the internet but NOT from Safari (IT puts it in .zip folders). OR if you have some saved use those.
• Put your iPhone in DFU mode while connected to iTunes. The will say you need to restore. Now, if you have a PC, hold Left Shift and click restore. If Mac, hold Option and click restore.
• Choose the firmware you want to downgrade to and iTunes will downgrade to it.
Hope I was able to help ya. :)

•Put your iPhone into DFU mode while connected to the computer. iTunes will tell you that you need to restore. No
Meh. You wouldn't care.

Offline Peacemaker

• WTF, boom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 04:57:40 PM »
Oh and there's an error 1015 or something. Your iPhone will be stuck in recovery mode. Download Recboot to kick it out of recovery mode.
Meh. You wouldn't care.