Author Topic: iDroid 11.01 Pepparkaka - Release Announcement (Gingerbread preview release)  (Read 42406 times)

Offline Peacemaker

• WTF, boom.
    • View Profile
Ok so once we drag the contents from the iDroid-Pepparkaka-11.01-3G folder to the idroid folder on our devices how do we boot into it?

Make sure you still have the contents in the firmware file, and use OpeniBoot to boot in, just like normal. :)
OK thanks I successfully boot into it, but it doesn't work lol

What doesn't work? Can you be a little bit more specific?
Meh. You wouldn't care.

Offline Jackc95

• View Profile
  • iDevice: iPhone 3G 4.2.1
  • iDroid Version: iDroid 1.0.5
  • Jailbreak: Redsn0w 0.9.6b4
Ok so once we drag the contents from the iDroid-Pepparkaka-11.01-3G folder to the idroid folder on our devices how do we boot into it?

Make sure you still have the contents in the firmware file, and use OpeniBoot to boot in, just like normal. :)
OK thanks I successfully boot into it, but it doesn't work lol

What doesn't work? Can you be a little bit more specific?

Idk it's kinda weird like the touch csreen doesn't work so it just shows a screen and I can go to menu or anything.
Your attitude towards life determines life's attitude towards you.

Offline Peacemaker

• WTF, boom.
    • View Profile
You need to install the Zephyr firmware then, from Bootlace. Just tap Bootlace, tap the iDroid tab, tap the "i" and extract multitouch firmware.  ;)
Meh. You wouldn't care.

Offline Jackc95

• View Profile
How do I install Zephyr firmware? :-\

Offline Peacemaker

• WTF, boom.
    • View Profile
How do I install Zephyr firmware? :-\

Next time, please try to read the whole post.

You need to install the Zephyr firmware then, from Bootlace. Just tap Bootlace, tap the iDroid tab, tap the "i" and extract multitouch firmware. 
Meh. You wouldn't care.

Offline Jackc95

• View Profile
Ok next time ill try!

Offline I2IEAILiiTY

• View Profile
  • iDevice: iPhone 3G
  • iDroid Version: 11.01
Why doesn't my wifi work with 11.01? I downloaded the wifi firmware from bootlace and it didnt work, so I installed 1.0.5 via bootlace and then copied it's firmware and my wifi still doesn't work with 11.01.
And is the 'desktop' or whatever it's called supposed to seem slow when switching pages? Is there any way to make it transition faster like 1.0.5? I have no problems other than that, window transition and scroll speed are perfect. Sorry if this post is in the wrong place.

Offline ddominator

• Global Moderator
  • Trust me, I'm a doctor.
    • View Profile
    • Unofficial iDroid News Blog
  • iDevice: iPhone 2G 3.1.3
  • iDroid Version: Pepparkaka (ddominator custom)
  • Jailbreak: redsn0w 0.94
Why doesn't my wifi work with 11.01? I downloaded the wifi firmware from bootlace and it didnt work, so I installed 1.0.5 via bootlace and then copied it's firmware and my wifi still doesn't work with 11.01.
And is the 'desktop' or whatever it's called supposed to seem slow when switching pages? Is there any way to make it transition faster like 1.0.5? I have no problems other than that, window transition and scroll speed are perfect. Sorry if this post is in the wrong place.
Did wifi work in 1.0.5?

Hmm as for the transition speed, I already tweaked it to be faster than ADW... weird... Also I'm on an iPhone 2G so mine should be slower than on 3G...
Help Google takeover the world. Use Android on your mobile devices, use Chrome Browser, use Chrome OS!!!  Sell your souls to Google!
Useful links:
FAQ - http://www.idroidproject.org/wiki/FAQ
User Manual - http://www.idroidproject.org/wiki/User_Manual
Recovery Mode - http://www.idroidproject.org/wiki/DFU

Offline I2IEAILiiTY

• View Profile
  • iDroid Version: 11.01
Wifi worked fine on 1.0.5, yea it was buggy but it worked. And I believe iPhone 2G has the same tech specs as the 3G, I read that from a couple places and my bro has a 2G and I don't see a noticeable speed difference.
And this whole droid deal isn't a big deal to me, I just think it's neat to play with til I get my new phone (switching to sprint, getting that evo! : D) but I wanted to test this out and see what can be done with it.

Offline Zeta0134

• View Profile
  • iDroid Version: Mojo 1.0.5
  • Jailbreak: I've slept since then. Probably sn0wbreeze, on 3.1.2.
Installed it finally today, it seems to be working well. Lack of SD emulation is a bit sad, as I can't test out a lot of the apps I was running before, but it seems to be working alright. Successful port was successful, I've got multitouch trying very hard to be responsive and mostly succeeding, and wifi worked on the first try. Excellent work so far, it's coming along quite nicely.

I haven't run into any actual issues yet, other than the usual known batch from the last release. Launcher2 seems slower than before, but I think I had installed LauncherPro on the previous release, which ended up being much lighterweight. I'll see how that fares here later, I need to sleep for now.

Not crazed about the soft buttons, but at the same time, the entire button situation on the iPhone is just sort of weird to begin with. Having real volume buttons is well worth the effort of fiddling around with the soft buttons for the few times I need to use them. I only sort of liked the pull-down notifications more, and that's mostly my fault-- my case makes the pulldown difficult to activate.

I'll let my phone charge up again and play with it more tomorrow.

Offline nickp666

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nickpack.com
  • iDevice: Various
  • iDroid Version: Latest
  • Jailbreak: Various
Installed it finally today, it seems to be working well. Lack of SD emulation is a bit sad, as I can't test out a lot of the apps I was running before, but it seems to be working alright. Successful port was successful, I've got multitouch trying very hard to be responsive and mostly succeeding, and wifi worked on the first try. Excellent work so far, it's coming along quite nicely.

I haven't run into any actual issues yet, other than the usual known batch from the last release. Launcher2 seems slower than before, but I think I had installed LauncherPro on the previous release, which ended up being much lighterweight. I'll see how that fares here later, I need to sleep for now.

Not crazed about the soft buttons, but at the same time, the entire button situation on the iPhone is just sort of weird to begin with. Having real volume buttons is well worth the effort of fiddling around with the soft buttons for the few times I need to use them. I only sort of liked the pull-down notifications more, and that's mostly my fault-- my case makes the pulldown difficult to activate.

I'll let my phone charge up again and play with it more tomorrow.

SD Emulation will be put back into the next release, need to play around with fuse and see if I can get it to work how we want it to, and we can always fall back onto the old hack if it doesnt play nicely (I just didnt put it back yet because there is a better way)

Launcher2 is slightly slower, previous builds used ADWLauncher instead, but we're trying to keep gingerbread as stock as possible, as you say you can always install your own stuff :)

Software buttons will be making their way back in similarly to how they used to be but with some subtle differences (ddominator has been particularly persistent with these)

Offline Zeta0134

• View Profile
  • iDroid Version: Mojo 1.0.5
  • Jailbreak: I've slept since then. Probably sn0wbreeze, on 3.1.2.
I wouldn't worry too much about the UI slowness for now actually. Once someone very intelligent (and more familiar with the hardware than me) gets GPU acceleration working, a lot of those issues should disappear.

I wouldn't even know where to begin on that-- I'm only familiar with software APIs, and I don't know how it's implemented on any hardware other than a Nintendo DS, which is hardly a standard device. I guess I could try to trace the OpenGL calls in iOS though... iOS apps do use OpenGL?

Offline HellWarrior

• View Profile
  • iDevice: Iphone 3g Nokia N800
  • iDroid Version: NA
  • Jailbreak: Greenpois0n
I might be able to give a little bit of insite to the gpu acceleration issues.  One thing I do know is that the actual powervr mbx driver is closed source but I do know that ti released a version that works with the omap2420 used in the nokia n8x0 series.  It is still alpha stage and hardly usable but might get you pointed in the right direction as far as rolling it into some sweet gingerbread.

Offline ddominator

• Global Moderator
  • Trust me, I'm a doctor.
    • View Profile
    • Unofficial iDroid News Blog
  • iDevice: iPhone 2G 3.1.3
  • iDroid Version: Pepparkaka (ddominator custom)
  • Jailbreak: redsn0w 0.94
I might be able to give a little bit of insite to the gpu acceleration issues.  One thing I do know is that the actual powervr mbx driver is closed source but I do know that ti released a version that works with the omap2420 used in the nokia n8x0 series.  It is still alpha stage and hardly usable but might get you pointed in the right direction as far as rolling it into some sweet gingerbread.

Thanks for the information.

We already had that copied to the kernel tree months ago but no one knew how to make it work. No one is currently working on it sadly. :(

You can work on it if you want.
Help Google takeover the world. Use Android on your mobile devices, use Chrome Browser, use Chrome OS!!!  Sell your souls to Google!
Useful links:
FAQ - http://www.idroidproject.org/wiki/FAQ
User Manual - http://www.idroidproject.org/wiki/User_Manual
Recovery Mode - http://www.idroidproject.org/wiki/DFU

Offline MasonTheHacker

• View Profile
  • iDevice: Apple iPhone 3GS
  • iDroid Version: none
  • Jailbreak: an old 4.0.1 jailbreak
Hi. i em a new user here but have bin reading up on the progress on the iPhone 4 and 3GS as i myself own a 3GS. i have a 3G upstairs but refuse to go thru the pain and suffering of unlocking it for my local (cheaper) carrier (iWireless) plus it needs some hardwre fixes (screen, ect) but i saw this update and i would like to say that is nice to hear they r still doing work on 4 and 3GS. as i had heard u guys call it quits beacuse of all the individual signitures within the 3GS and 4 system. hopfuly u guys can have the idroid, openiboot, and bootlace poted within the next month. OR SO ROUMER HAS IT THEY WILL BE.

thanks,
MasonTheHacker