Author Topic: Hoheycomb for ipad?  (Read 3627 times)

Offline Kreen

• View Profile
  • iDevice: ipod touch 4g
  • iDroid Version: ...
  • Jailbreak: redsn0w 0.9.7 b6
Hoheycomb for ipad?
« on: March 24, 2011, 08:28:56 PM »
Hello I'm asking if the idroid of the ipad port would be honeycomb or gingerbread?
Ok thanks

Offline Rekoil

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Hoheycomb for ipad?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 10:14:26 PM »
Once the drivers for the iPad have been ported which version of Android we choose wont matter, we could port 1.6 to it if we'd like, but that would be silly. If 3.0 is the latest when we have the drivers for iPad ported, we will bundle that.
We could also technically do Ubuntu as well, but we'll see how well the CPU fares in that first :P
32gb factory unlocked iPhone 3GS with early bootrom and shsh for all available firmwares
others: 16gb iPhone 3G, 16gb iPhone 2G, 8gb iPod touch 1G, 16gb iPod touch 1G, aTV2

status

Offline Daedalus

• View Profile
  • iDevice: Ipad
  • iDroid Version: None yet
  • Jailbreak: Not yet
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 12:35:20 AM »
I just recently found this project, and it seems awesome!

I have a 1st gen Ipad which was gifted to me, and if I were able to install android on it, It would make me incredibly happy (and make the ipad useful! :)  )

Any ETA on when it will be working on the ipad?  I know there is no way to give an accurate ETA, but I am wondering for more of a "two weeks" vs "six months" idea :)

Thanks for all the work everyone is putting into this!!

Offline ddominator

• Global Moderator
  • Trust me, I'm a doctor.
    • View Profile
    • Unofficial iDroid News Blog
  • iDevice: iPhone 2G 3.1.3
  • iDroid Version: Pepparkaka (ddominator custom)
  • Jailbreak: redsn0w 0.94
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 01:59:38 AM »
I just recently found this project, and it seems awesome!

I have a 1st gen Ipad which was gifted to me, and if I were able to install android on it, It would make me incredibly happy (and make the ipad useful! :)  )

Any ETA on when it will be working on the ipad?  I know there is no way to give an accurate ETA, but I am wondering for more of a "two weeks" vs "six months" idea :)

Thanks for all the work everyone is putting into this!!

No ETAs sorry :(  We cannot tell how long it really is.  Two weeks is too early and too optimistic.  Six months is a long time but it can even take longer than that (lack of developers).

Let's just hope it will be earlier than six months and longer than that.  But again, we cannot say for certain and only time will tell.
Help Google takeover the world. Use Android on your mobile devices, use Chrome Browser, use Chrome OS!!!  Sell your souls to Google!
Useful links:
FAQ - http://www.idroidproject.org/wiki/FAQ
User Manual - http://www.idroidproject.org/wiki/User_Manual
Recovery Mode - http://www.idroidproject.org/wiki/DFU