Author Topic: iPhone 3G 4.2.1(Red sn0w) icons missing during installing iDroid 11.02  (Read 1514 times)

Offline 4knova

• View Profile
  • iDevice: iPhone 3G
  • iDroid Version: Pepparkaka 11.01
  • Jailbreak: redsn0w
Hi, I've got a problem during installing idroid with bootlace on my iPhone 3g running iOS 4.2.1 jailbroken with redsn0w, .
I downloaded the latest version of bootlace with cydia and after that i tried to move the latest version of idroid 11.02 which i downloaded with PC to the directory with iPhone Browser during this my spring board crashed and many of my icons including cydia , bootlace , phone , camera , sms , and many other faded. i dont know what to do to get them back.
Please help me , sorry if i posted it in wrong topic.

Offline ddominator

• Global Moderator
  • Trust me, I'm a doctor.
    • View Profile
    • Unofficial iDroid News Blog
  • iDevice: iPhone 2G 3.1.3
  • iDroid Version: Pepparkaka (ddominator custom)
  • Jailbreak: redsn0w 0.94
Yeah this belongs in 3G support and not Bootlace.

Anyways, back to your problem...

So while you were transferring the images to /private/var/idroid, your iphone somehow crashed?  For one thing iPhone Explorer doesn't crash your phone (unless you did something crazy like delete some important stuff) so something else must have screwed with iOS.

SIMPLEST POSSIBLE SOLUTION: Have you tried rebooting?  Sometimes, missing icons come back after a reboot.

QUICK SOLUTION: Do a restore then re-jailbreak.  Hopefully you've backed up first.  And hopefully your icons will reappear.

LONG COMPLICATED SOLUTION: We find out what went wrong and try to fix it from there.

For the long complicated solution:
1. How exactly did springboard crash? While doing the file transfer in iPhone Explorer? What was the iPhone doing at this time (being idle or where you playing games)?
2. Are there any apps installed that mess with your springboard like heavy winterboard themes?
Help Google takeover the world. Use Android on your mobile devices, use Chrome Browser, use Chrome OS!!!  Sell your souls to Google!
Useful links:
FAQ - http://www.idroidproject.org/wiki/FAQ
User Manual - http://www.idroidproject.org/wiki/User_Manual
Recovery Mode - http://www.idroidproject.org/wiki/DFU

Offline 4knova

• View Profile
I'm sry as I didn't know where to post this and Tnx so much for you quick respond

Well first of all I wanted to download idroid 11.02 following the installing guide in idroid project with bootlace 2.1.6 installed with cydia 1.1
but after downloading and patching kernel i started to download idroid but no output, so I decided to download the latest version manually and copy it to private/var/mobile/documents/bootlace following this post ;

http://www.idroidproject.org/forum/idroid/easy-way-to-install-idroid-from-bootlace-no-long-awaited-downloading/

As I copied it for the first time and launched bootlace I was expecting to only face the installing process but I got the error that can't be downloaded. so went to that dir again with iPhone explorer and deleted it and tried once again after a reboot and during this itunes poped up and started backing up my phone so when the phone turned on spring board crashed ,rebooted again and I saw that many of my springboard app icons including phone, sms ,photos ,cydia, camera ,...,and aslo Bootlace faded.

Phone was idle and i had no themes and nothing ; of that I'm sure.
and rebooted several times.

Offline Peacemaker

• WTF, boom.
    • View Profile
Looks like the Applications.pwn folder was renamed/deleted. You could try SSH into your iPhone, and try to get it back, or rename it back to Applications.pwn. Or you could fix everything by restoring.
Meh. You wouldn't care.

Offline 4knova

• View Profile
Hi man tnx for ur respond,
I checked this dir: /private/var/stash/applications.pwn with iphone explorer
if the location is ok , so the name is ok and not changed .

Offline Peacemaker

• WTF, boom.
    • View Profile
Hi man tnx for ur respond,
I checked this dir: /private/var/stash/applications.pwn with iphone explorer
if the location is ok , so the name is ok and not changed .
Okay...did you check the permissions of the file? They should be Read-Write-Execute (777), if it's only Write-Execute, then you can't "read" the apps. That must be why it disappeared.
Meh. You wouldn't care.

Offline 4knova

• View Profile
How I can check them to  be Read-Write-Execute (777) ?! Can I change the permission if they were Write-Execute?

Offline Peacemaker

• WTF, boom.
    • View Profile
How I can check them to  be Read-Write-Execute (777) ?! Can I change the permission if they were Write-Execute?
Well, if your using WinSCP, if you right-click the Applications.pwn file, there'll be an option that shows "Properties". Set from there. If from FileZilla, right click, then "Permissions".  ;) And yes, "read" only means you can't read  them from Springboard.

I think if your a bit of a noob at this you should give in, and restore. Otherwise, I'll keep helping you out.  :)
Meh. You wouldn't care.

Offline Lwiillo

• My 3G is not a rock & can do more than your 3GS :p
    • View Profile
    • Lwiillo  at Twitter
  • iDevice: iPhone 3G 8gb iOS 4.1
  • iDroid Version: Pepparkaka 11.04
  • Jailbreak: Sn0wbreeze 2.1 + redsn0w 0.9.6rc14
The same happen to me, I just restore.