Author Topic: Status of port?  (Read 3522 times)

Offline westcoastoffense

• View Profile
  • iDevice: iPod Touch 2g mc 8gb
  • iDroid Version: None installed.
  • Jailbreak: Greenpois0n rc5
Status of port?
« on: March 09, 2011, 07:01:16 PM »
I have an iPod touch 2g mc model that is iOS 4.2.1 and jailbroken. I am wondering how far along the port is?

If more help is required I am more than willing to offer up my time and my iPod to the cause, I just need some directions/instructions to walk thru.

Offline ddominator

• Global Moderator
  • Trust me, I'm a doctor.
    • View Profile
    • Unofficial iDroid News Blog
  • iDevice: iPhone 2G 3.1.3
  • iDroid Version: Pepparkaka (ddominator custom)
  • Jailbreak: redsn0w 0.94
Re: Status of port?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 07:34:31 PM »
kleemajo is responsible for the port but he's busy at the moment.

There's a tutorial somewhere on trying (note: trying as it's not fully completed) openiboot on ipod touch 2g.  It would help you a lot if you have reverse engineering experience.

EDIT: here's the link http://www.idroidproject.org/forum/ipod-touch-2g/(howto)-openiboot-on-ipod-touch-2g/
Help Google takeover the world. Use Android on your mobile devices, use Chrome Browser, use Chrome OS!!!  Sell your souls to Google!
Useful links:
FAQ - http://www.idroidproject.org/wiki/FAQ
User Manual - http://www.idroidproject.org/wiki/User_Manual
Recovery Mode - http://www.idroidproject.org/wiki/DFU

Offline Testo

• View Profile
  • iDevice: iPod Touch 2G
  • iDroid Version: sadly not ported :(
  • Jailbreak: Greenpois0n
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 11:52:48 AM »
So there are people still working at the port for ipt2g? That makes me very happy :) What do you think when can it be finished?

ps:sorry for my bad english ^^

Offline ndrs

• View Profile
  • iDevice: iPod Touch 2G - MC (4.2.1)
  • iDroid Version: Not ported yet D:
  • Jailbreak: Greenpois0n rc5
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 01:00:12 AM »
A port of openiboot/idroid to iTouch 2G (MC too) would be sick. I'm really looking forward to this.

I hope kleemajo will have time to make this a reality.

Hold on! This is amazing.

Offline boxingcow

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • iDevice: iPad, iPod 4G and iPod 2G
  • iDroid Version: -
  • Jailbreak: Redsn0w
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 05:41:06 PM »
A port of openiboot/idroid to iTouch 2G (MC too) would be sick. I'm really looking forward to this.

I hope kleemajo will have time to make this a reality.

Hold on! This is amazing.

This is a reality, but remember kleemajo has a life too and as he is the only person working on this progress may be a little slow, but he is committed to finishing it. To run on iPod Touch 2G MC models, you need to run:
Code: [Select]
scons ipt_2g_openiboot.binMost of the stuff works, but you cannot install. Do not try installing.

Offline simple1235150

• View Profile
  • iDevice: NEXUS S
  • Jailbreak: CLOCKWORKMOD
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 01:57:49 AM »
the installation will not complete and your device will be in openiboot mode. dont not attempt iv tried 4 times it failed every time

Offline boxingcow

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • iDevice: iPad, iPod 4G and iPod 2G
  • iDroid Version: -
  • Jailbreak: Redsn0w
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 07:39:59 AM »
the installation will not complete and your device will be in openiboot mode. dont not attempt iv tried 4 times it failed every time

Kinda wishing you weren't spamming what would appear to be every post...

iPod Touch 2G OpeniBoot will install on MB models. Trying on MC models should not install, but if something goes wrong and it does you WILL be in a DFU loop, where restoring is your only choice to fix. Just because you have had a bad experience with an iPod Touch 2G does not mean everyone else will suffer. The latest OiB loads and installs on my iPod just fine.

Offline Rekoil

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 08:12:22 AM »

Kinda wishing you weren't spamming what would appear to be every post...

iPod Touch 2G OpeniBoot will install on MB models. Trying on MC models should not install, but if something goes wrong and it does you WILL be in a DFU loop, where restoring is your only choice to fix. Just because you have had a bad experience with an iPod Touch 2G does not mean everyone else will suffer. The latest OiB loads and installs on my iPod just fine.
Wouldn't he still be able to boot "tethered" though, if you know what I mean? Upload OiB to DFU and boot iOS from there. Sure, it's not a good solution at all, but it should let him boot iOS right?
32gb factory unlocked iPhone 3GS with early bootrom and shsh for all available firmwares
others: 16gb iPhone 3G, 16gb iPhone 2G, 8gb iPod touch 1G, 16gb iPod touch 1G, aTV2

status