Author Topic: OpeniBoot console install problem ipod touch 1g  (Read 4924 times)

Offline key123

• View Profile
  • iDevice: Ipod Touch 1g 3.1.3
  • iDroid Version: idk
  • Jailbreak: Redsn0w 0.9.4 3.1.3
OpeniBoot console install problem ipod touch 1g
« on: September 10, 2011, 07:49:57 PM »
So, I've made it pretty far manually installing OpeniBoot, considering Bootlace cannot find the firmware on Apple's servers. I have an iPod Touch 1g and have installed all the tools and have everything right. I am installing through windows on cmd. Everything is working fine, and I can load openiboot.img3 fine onto it. but whenever I go to console, my computer installs the driver again for OpeniBoot and it stops the loading process on console and I cannot enter "oibc" and continue. it just stops at the OpeniBoot Art with the big letters, and is missing areas and you can only see parts of the letters, like there are black scratches through it. It just stops there, on both Android and console, because when I choose console, my computer starts re-installing "Apple Mobile Device (OpeniBoot Mode)" driver, and it causes the console to freeze. I HAD deleted this driver before like the instructions under "Installing OpeniBoot" section under main iDroid website, and did NOT delete the software like instructed. But for some reason my computer keeps installing "Apple Mobile Device (OpeniBoot Mode)" driver and it stops the console and i have to put the ipod back into recovery mode so I can load openiboot.img3 again. How do I stop this from happening?

P.S. Is there any idea of a time when they will fix Bootlace so installation of OpeniBoot is possible, without the problem that the 3.1.2 can't be retrieved from Apple's servers?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 08:02:02 PM by key123 »

Offline ddominator

• Global Moderator
  • Trust me, I'm a doctor.
    • View Profile
    • Unofficial iDroid News Blog
  • iDevice: iPhone 2G 3.1.3
  • iDroid Version: Pepparkaka (ddominator custom)
  • Jailbreak: redsn0w 0.94
Re: OpeniBoot console install problem ipod touch 1g
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 02:21:18 AM »
Ignore pEAcEmAKeR, the Bootlace error is known and will never be fixed unless the 3.1.2 firmware is available again.

Everything on your iPod is correct. That's how OpeniBoot should appear when you are in console mode.

What do you mean "stops the console"? Is your iPod still in the OpeniBoot console mode?
Help Google takeover the world. Use Android on your mobile devices, use Chrome Browser, use Chrome OS!!!  Sell your souls to Google!
Useful links:
FAQ - http://www.idroidproject.org/wiki/FAQ
User Manual - http://www.idroidproject.org/wiki/User_Manual
Recovery Mode - http://www.idroidproject.org/wiki/DFU

Offline key123

• View Profile
  • iDevice: Ipod Touch 1g 3.1.3
  • iDroid Version: idk
  • Jailbreak: Redsn0w 0.9.4 3.1.3
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 10:52:24 PM »
In the Installing OpeniBoot Instructions, it states this-

9. Now open Device Manager (Start -> Run -> "devmgmt.msc").
10. Expand the Portable Devices tab to see that "Apple Mobile Device (OpeniBoot Mode)" is listed but has a yellow exclamation mark.
11. Uninstall the driver with the yellow exclamation mark but do not delete the software for the driver. This is too stop Windows from popping up with new Hardware found on every start-up.

I did uninstall this driver, but when i start the console OR Android, in the middle of the console process of me trying to install OpeniBoot, my Windows computer DETECTS my ipod and installs the driver which should not be present and that i have uninstalled. The console then stops itself with errors, saying that it "detects restart" and stops itself, and the OpeniBoot logo is fuzzy and does not look right. I cannot go back, forcing me to put my ipod into recovery so i can therefore loadibec openiboot.img3 once again to start the process over again. This problem is caused by my computer installing that driver again, which the instructions told me you can't have to install openiboot and to remove it so my computer WON'T detect new hardware(which it is, but its also installing the driver again) . How do I stop it though?

Also, before the driver starts installing right when i click the console (about a 2 second time frame), when i click oibc, it gives me
<Failed to open OpeniBoot connection (2)>
I hear this is a common problem and have seen it quite frequently on this forum.

Thank You.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 10:54:41 PM by key123 »

Offline vista203

• View Profile
  • iDevice: iPod Touch 1G Firmware 3.1.2
  • iDroid Version: Manual OpeniBoot install
  • Jailbreak: RedSn0w
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 09:03:31 PM »
Also, before the driver starts installing right when i click the console (about a 2 second time frame), when i click oibc, it gives me
<Failed to open OpeniBoot connection (2)>
I hear this is a common problem and have seen it quite frequently on this forum.

Thank You.

I'm not very tech savy at all so my apologies if this doesn't help.

Here is what I did though.

1. On your computer enter "oibc" in the cmd (no quotes) BUT DON'T PRESS ENTER.
2. On your idevice hover over the "Command" on OpeniBoot

You must be very quick with this next part.

3a. Press the home button on your iDevice initiating the cmd prompt on your iDevice
3b. IMMEDIATELY after doing this press enter on your computer.

IT WILL NOT WORK YOUR FIRST TIME!

You must continue entering "oibc" (no quotes) into the cmd prompt on your computer until it begins the fast-scrolling text.

On average you will get the "Failed to open OpeniBoot connection (2)" 5 - 6 times before it starts working.

Hope that helps.

Offline twloha

• View Profile
  • iDevice: iPod touch 1st gen
  • iDroid Version: 0.2
  • Jailbreak: redsn0w 0.9.4
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 06:22:48 PM »
I got it to work by waiting after the openiBoot until the writing became clear and reinstalling the device thing. After u do that u can type in pinch and it should work
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 08:14:59 PM by twloha »