Author Topic: iX update?  (Read 4478 times)

mxxm97

iX update?
« on: September 29, 2011, 04:12:29 AM »
How is the iX project coming?  I seem to remember a few months back, iX was switched to iSHR and C code was being reworked.  Anything to relate about the work?  Any new YouTube videos?

Offline Lopi

• View Profile
Re: iX update?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 07:07:22 PM »
How is the iX project coming?  I seem to remember a few months back, iX was switched to iSHR and C code was being reworked.  Anything to relate about the work?  Any new YouTube videos?

I haven't done much work on iX since the latest release. I fixed quite a few bugs, but no new features have been added. I decided to stop developing for the older devices (i.e. iPhone2G, iPhone3G, and IPT1G). Albeit, I will still provide support for my images. The plan moving forward is to port Ubuntu to the iPad1G. If someone wants to pick up the iPhone4, IPT4G, or any other ports please let me know; I'd be more than happy to help you get started. Right now I'm waiting on the kernel level nand driver to be finished for the A4 devices. At this point all I can do is boot the Linux kernel.

Offline hedmo

• View Profile
  • iDevice: iphone3g,ipad2,iphone4
  • iDroid Version: On 3g,idroid 11.04 , ix-openiboot ,ix with lxpanel and pcmanfm
  • Jailbreak: iphone3g=sinful 3.1.3 restore iphone4 and.ipad2=jailbeakme
Re: iX update?
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 05:56:57 AM »
Lopi

I have been using ix on My 3G fr.o.m. The start,installed a light DE (just lxpanel and pcmanfm).
It works real good but after the 4.x.x upgrade and my wifi cracked  i can not do anything in ix.

Lopi wrote:

The plan moving forward is to port Ubuntu to the iPad1G. If someone wants to pick up the iPhone4, IPT4G, or any other ports please let me know

Are you saying it time for iphone4?if That so , i like to have some more info i have got My self a iphone4.and one more ques... You are saying That you can boot the kernel .i am not à Ubuntu fan and wondering if it is possible to make à gentoo image to run on the i devices?
i have sold my soul to gentoo and i hope some day i have it on my idevices!!!!!