Author Topic: Animate fix for iOS 4.x.x compatibility question  (Read 1082 times)

Offline Erikthefinn

• View Profile
  • iDevice: iPhone 3G
  • iDroid Version: iDroid 1.0.5
  • Jailbreak: Blackra1n RC3
Animate fix for iOS 4.x.x compatibility question
« on: November 09, 2011, 09:01:01 PM »
Hi.  I've tried searching for anything related to this subject without results, so I'm posting it here as a question:

Does anyone have any experience with the Cydia package known as 'Animate fix for iOS 4.x.x' ?

Specifically, I want to know if it is compatible with installations of iDroid installed via Bootlace. If so, to what degree, (what works what doesn't) etc.  As well as any workarounds. Please provide details.

Background: I am hoping to enable animated Boot Logos in an iPhone 3G running iOS 4.2.1 with iDroid installed via Bootlace, without disabling the ability to boot into iDroid.  Past methods, (enabling animated boot logos during the jailbreak process via Pwnage Tool or redsn0w) are known to prevent the booting of previously installed iDroid installations done with Bootlace.  Due to Nor overload issues.

It is my understanding that the package 'Animate fix for iOS 4.x.x' allows animated Boot Logos to run after the regular Apple stock Boot Logo has already loaded & run. Therefore, I'm hoping that this fact will allow the installation of animated Boot Logos, so that they function correctly alongside iDroid, installed via Bootlace without disabling Bootlace, OpeniBoot or iDroid.

I'd love some information on this before I attempt anything regarding this, as I'd hate to somehow be faced with a complete Restore and re-installation as a result.

Offline ddominator

• Global Moderator
  • Trust me, I'm a doctor.
    • View Profile
    • Unofficial iDroid News Blog
  • iDevice: iPhone 2G 3.1.3
  • iDroid Version: Pepparkaka (ddominator custom)
  • Jailbreak: redsn0w 0.94
Re: Animate fix for iOS 4.x.x compatibility question
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 01:28:20 AM »
I don't think anyone has tested this but you can try and most likely you will end up doing a restore.
Help Google takeover the world. Use Android on your mobile devices, use Chrome Browser, use Chrome OS!!!  Sell your souls to Google!
Useful links:
FAQ - http://www.idroidproject.org/wiki/FAQ
User Manual - http://www.idroidproject.org/wiki/User_Manual
Recovery Mode - http://www.idroidproject.org/wiki/DFU

Offline Erikthefinn

• View Profile
  • iDevice: iPhone 3G
  • iDroid Version: iDroid 1.0.5
  • Jailbreak: Blackra1n RC3
Re: Animate fix for iOS 4.x.x compatibility question
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 02:01:47 AM »
Thanks for replying to my inquiry.  I would give it an attempt, if I had a spare iDevice to experiment with.   I'd rather not right now at least until I know I won't be needing my iPhone for a while.  Although I always keep everything backed up it takes quite a while to put it all back.  If I do try it I will post the results however, so that others will be knowledgeable about it ahead of trying it out.

At the risk of it being a bit off topic, this procedure might be more feasible when iDroid is installed via computer rather than via Bootlace.  Hopefully someone with conclusive knowledge on this subject will post here about it. It is very tempting to want to try this.