Author Topic: How to extract zephyr2.bin on an iPhone 3G - without iokittools!  (Read 2115 times)

Offline Ruirize

• View Profile
    • 2DCraft - A free 2D clone of Minecraft!
  • iDevice: iPhone 3G
  • iDroid Version: Pepparkaka 11.01
  • Jailbreak: sn0wbreeze 4.2.1
How to extract zephyr2.bin on an iPhone 3G - without iokittools!
« on: November 17, 2011, 08:27:06 PM »
Whilst I was installing iDroid on my iPhone, I found that I couldn't get iokittools to work properly; The base64 command kept erroring on SSH.

So, here's how to do it the manual way.

You know the manual extract command you can run on SSH?
Code: [Select]
cat /usr/share/firmware/multitouch/iPhone.mtprops | grep -B2 0x0049 | grep data | sed 's/^\t\t<data>//' | sed 's/<\/data>$//' | base64 -d > zephyr2.bin
That one? Well, the only thing you need iokittools for is the last operation, 'base64 -d'. This decodes the base64 output of the previous command.
The '> zephyr2.bin' literally means 'take the output of the last command and place it in a file called 'zephyr2.bin''.
Base64 decoding is a simple task. So, instead of having iokittools do it, we will do it manually.

Run this command on SSH:
Code: [Select]
cat /usr/share/firmware/multitouch/iPhone.mtprops | grep -B2 0x0049 | grep data | sed 's/^\t\t<data>//' | sed 's/<\/data>$//' > zephyr2.b64
It will create a file with the name 'zephyr2.b64' on your iPhone. I located mine in the folder "/private/var/root/". You might have to search for it. If you can't find it, download 'iFunBox' and use the built-in search tool to locate it.
Once you've found it, transfer it over to your PC.
Open the file in 'wordpad' or 'notepad'. If you open it in notepad, be aware that it will freeze for a few seconds whilst it loads.
Copy the entire thing into your clipboard (Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C).
Go to this website: http://www.opinionatedgeek.com/dotnet/tools/base64decode/
Paste into the box, then click decode.
Save the decoded result as zephyr2.bin - Then transfer to the "/private/var/firmware" folder on your iPhone.

There you go.

Enjoy.