Author Topic: lol?what is this?  (Read 6150 times)

Offline TR1PP

• View Profile
Re: lol?what is this?
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2010, 12:47:11 AM »
No, he'd like that.
Something else.
Same basic principle though.
:)
I am now wondering why I didn\'t just buy an actual Android phone.

Offline konaya

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2010, 11:59:02 AM »
Well, first let's find out all about him! ;) Any of you guys/gals live in the USA? What fun could you look up if you have someone's name and address?

smitty92

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2010, 07:42:41 AM »
Well, can't do a whole lot, but his address is really registered to Derek Borris but people finder did not find a derek borris from troy michigan.
EDIT
Ooooo oooo, i found something, if we can link him to the patched idroid images,"doubtful" we wont have to worry, apple will be all over his ass for redistributing copyrighted zephyr files and marvel possibly too

terminus

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2010, 12:09:28 AM »
loooooooool

I was browsing this side seconds ago. Its the worst website I ever visited xD And when I tried to close this tab a js-message poped up informing me about their special offer. Besides to that, a mens voice talked to me oO

Worst side ever!

By the way, I visited this side to see how they try to sell planet's/our stuff, not to buy it!

smitty92

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2010, 06:20:58 PM »
Quote from: "terminus"
loooooooool

I was browsing this side seconds ago. Its the worst website I ever visited xD And when I tried to close this tab a js-message poped up informing me about their special offer. Besides to that, a mens voice talked to me oO

Worst side ever!

By the way, I visited this side to see how they try to sell planet's/our stuff, not to buy it!
i take it english is not your first language, lol, if im correct by side you mean site or website and not to buy it you mean do not buy it?

TheChewanater

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2010, 11:11:17 PM »
Quote from: "konaya"
Technically, we could shut him off right now with the information we have.
What?  No you can't.  It's derivative of iDroid, which is derivative of Android, which is derivative of Linux, which is licensed under the GPL.  Have you even read the GPL before? What he's doing is perfectly legal, and in fact encouraged by the FSF.

You might be able to get him on the logos, though.

Silfer

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2010, 03:24:41 PM »
And on redistributing zephyr2 files ;)

But you can give him hell right?
Let's send 1000 jehova's witnesses to him :)!!

TheChewanater

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2010, 02:21:12 AM »
Quote from: "Silfer"
And on redistributing zephyr2 files ;)
Oh, I was not aware of that.

We should contact Apple, though, not the dev team.  If only to screw with him instead of to help Apple.

terminus

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2010, 08:30:18 PM »
Quote from: "smitty92"
i take it english is not your first language, lol, if im correct by side you mean site or website and not to buy it you mean do not buy it?

your right, i'm not a native speaker, but lol, i didn't noticed this mistake when posting :-D
the last part is ment as i wrote it: i visited this site because i wanted to know, how they sell idroid and not to buy our stuff :-P

Offline konaya

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2010, 01:06:47 AM »
Quote from: "TheChewanater"
Technically, we could shut him off right now with the information we have.
What?  No you can't.  It's derivative of iDroid, which is derivative of Android, which is derivative of Linux, which is licensed under the GPL.  Have you even read the GPL before? What he's doing is perfectly legal, and in fact encouraged by the FSF.

You might be able to get him on the logos, though.

*sigh*. Yes, I have read the GPL. Way more times that I ever wanted to. What does the GPL have to do with them distributing a copyrighted newspaper article? Furthermore, he's distributing prepackaged bundles with proprietary software from both Apple and Marvell. Also, he's promising this on the web site:
Code: [Select]
- The Best Product Guarantee in the Industry
- No Technical Knowledge Required
- Premium 24/7 Customer Support
- Works with all iPhone versions
There are no guarantees. You need technical knowledge (AKA half a brain). There is no customer support. It doesn't work with all iPhone versions. All he does is providing links to the two copyrighted newspaper articles. And no, I didn't buy it to know that. The members' area login is vulnerable to MySQL injection. Try it yourself, it's not rocket science...

What's up with the attitude BTW?

Offline alex

• iDroid too slow? Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2010, 08:10:25 PM »
Last time I checked, you needed a license to distribute the Linux kernel commercially. I could be wrong though.
#iphonelinux - General iDroid/openiBoot help and support | #idroid-dev - Contact a developer here | #iX - help and support for iX, an Ubuntu distribution for the iDevices | #iOS - all iOS and iPhone support goes here

All located on irc.osx86.hu

TheChewanater

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2010, 09:53:02 PM »
Quote from: "alex"
Last time I checked, you needed a license to distribute the Linux kernel commercially. I could be wrong though.
No, of course not.  :lol: The General Public License is granted to everyone who reads it.

Ryber

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2010, 10:33:11 PM »
*couch* ' for username, a=aa' for password *cough* FAIL lol.
Isn't there anything we can do about this?

Offline konaya

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2010, 06:48:31 PM »
Quote from: "Ryber"
Isn't there anything we can do about this?

Legally, borderline or illegaly? ;)

Legally: I've been mailing alot of abuse@'s. No one is answering. I suppose we could poke a bit at Apple, but that could backfire onto iDroid project.

Borderline: We could pay the guy a visit and ask him to cut it out.

Illegal: A well aimed DROP TABLE would be nice... ;)

TheChewanater

« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2010, 04:50:16 AM »
Borderline: We could pay the guy a visit and ask him to cut it out.
Where will we hide the body?

I think we should report this to Apple, anonymously.  Maybe pretend (without directly saying it) that we were ripped off by them.