Author Topic: Tripple boot: Android 1.6, Android 2.2SDK and iOS [Updated]  (Read 5316 times)

Offline Ninn

• View Profile
I add a patch to openiboot making it possible to boot three operating systems on the iPhone, currently Android 1.6, 2.2 and iOS.
Please know that the support for 2.2sdk is at a absolute minimum, which means there's for example no wifi in Android 2.2 SDK.
I write this assuming you know to and / or already have android installed. If you do not please check out:

Code: [Select]
http://www.idroidproject.org/wiki/Installing_iDroid
if you simply lack firmware please check this, which will supply you with touchdrivers for 2.2 and 1.6 touch/wifi:
http://www.idroidproject.org/wiki/Extraction_Technique
Start up gathering the images for the froyo sdk:

Patched OpeniBoot:
precompiled 3G image:
http://zesg.net/ninn/openiboot/3G/openiboot.img3

if you're looking for a IPOD or 2g image:

iPod:
http://zesg.net/ninn/openiboot/IPOD/openiboot.img3
iPhone 2g
http://zesg.net/ninn/openiboot/IPHONE/openiboot.img3
if you're looking  for another device, pleace compile them yourself from my repo:

http://github.com/overnine/iphonelinux
Patched Android Froyo (2.2) SDK images:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/bxuf2o

Simply extract the zip, upload it to '/private/var'  via ssh as you would with the normal android:
scp <image>.img root@<iphoneSSH IP>:/private/var
when you've done that with all the files in the zip log in via ssh and chmod 777:
ssh root@<iphoneSSH IP>
<Enter root password, default is alpine>
cd /private/var
scp <image>.img root@<iphoneSSH IP>:/private/var
chmod 777 android2.img.gz ramdisk2.img cache2.img userdata2.img system2.img
exit

now either update or install the openiboot version you downloaded or compiled, if you downloaded mine, find your good old loadibc and oibc:
<path to loadibc>/loadibc <path to openiboot>/openiboot.img3>open the console -> load oibc -> type 'install' as you normally would.
if you have troubles understanding this or just want to update from your own complied version of the repo please check out this page: http://http://www.idroidproject.org/wiki/Openiboot_Installation

Video of my 3g with the software:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-9fHf6Kmzc

Update: Added support for touch in the bootselector, thanks to rshah!

Offline mih

• View Profile
Re: Tripple boot: Android 1.6, Android 2.2(SDK) and iOS by N
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 08:51:31 PM »
yeahh, thank you for this oiB ver. works great!!

for ur Froyo 2.2 version
1. Fix
connect to phone with adb over usb
su rights
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
chmod 777 /system/etc/dbus.conf
reboot

2.Fix
for more speed one the homescreen install this Launcher http://android.pdassi.de/121263/Launcher_Pro.html
tools/adb push /home/UNAME/Downloads/Launcher-Pro..apk /system/app

greez
HTC Desire (Android 2.1 with SENSE Ui)
iPhone 3G (Froyo 2.2  Kernel latest from Dario. + iOS 4.0 (Backup System^^)
thanks to all Developer!! (planetbeing, bluerise, dario, alex, Ninn, ddominator, James, etc....))

Offline iPwnUK

• *Insert Witty Comment Here*
    • View Profile
  • iDevice: iPhone 4 (GSM) 16G
  • Jailbreak: redsn0w 0.9.6(cant remember actual version)
Re: Tripple boot: Android 1.6, Android 2.2(SDK) and iOS by N
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 12:55:56 AM »
nice work, used to have to move my android 2.2 or 1.6 files from the folders i made in /private/var with them in every time i wanted to change android version :P

btw does this openiboot support bootlace?
EDIT: no it doesn't support bootlace, just checked

mwpsp

Re: Tripple boot: Android 1.6, Android 2.2SDK and iOS [Updat
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 01:20:47 PM »
It work with iOS 4 ?

Offline iPwnUK

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 02:36:08 PM »
Nice work on the touch-enabled bootmenu, only problem is it seems to take around 30 seconds to actually load the bootmenu, in comparison to the almost instant loading of the old one. Would you be able to upload a copy of the old version of your tripple boot menu so I can use that again untill the menu loading time is shortened? The touch addition isn't worth an extra 30 second boot time IMO ^^

Offline atown33

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 03:06:29 AM »
After loading the iDroid files onto my phone, I tried to load the Tripple boot openiboot.img3 that was posted but after running "sudo ./loadibec openiboot.img3" all that appears on my phone's screen is a black screen.  Are there other files that I need to upload other than the files posted here and the files required for Android 1.6?
Device: iPhone 3G 16GB 3.1.2
iDroid: iDroid 0.2b w/ Fergy\'s kernal, SDCard, and GApps

Offline Ninn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2010, 05:14:05 AM »
Quote from: "iPwnUK"
Nice work on the touch-enabled bootmenu, only problem is it seems to take around 30 seconds to actually load the bootmenu, in comparison to the almost instant loading of the old one. Would you be able to upload a copy of the old version of your tripple boot menu so I can use that again untill the menu loading time is shortened? The touch addition isn't worth an extra 30 second boot time IMO ^^

i find it's only 1 second difference in boot time, but i removed the initilisation of multitouch in menu.c, try this link (WITHOUT TOUCH)
http://www.zesg.net/ninn//openiboot/3G/notouch/openiboot.img3

Offline mih

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2010, 08:22:55 AM »
Quote from: "Ninn"
i find it's only 1 second difference in boot time, but i removed the initilisation of multitouch in menu.c, try this link (WITHOUT TOUCH)
:D  YEP works fine thanks for the touch-version

greez mirco
HTC Desire (Android 2.1 with SENSE Ui)
iPhone 3G (Froyo 2.2  Kernel latest from Dario. + iOS 4.0 (Backup System^^)
thanks to all Developer!! (planetbeing, bluerise, dario, alex, Ninn, ddominator, James, etc....))

Offline iPwnUK

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2010, 05:27:24 PM »

yea, reaslised after rebooting the device a couple of times that the difference was a lot less than when first using loading it through loadibec, havn't had chance to edit the post since making though or i would have changed it. :P
EDIT: Just tried your newly posted version without touch and it still seems to take ages before it loads into openiboot? just did a comparison with your newly uploaded version and the old noltari openiboot i used to use before your original tripple-boot version and noltari's version did, as before, boot instantly like your original tripple-boot one did. was the initilisation of multitouch in menu.c the only addition to the touch-enabled version of your build? if so it does seem to have drastically changed the boot speed, at least on my device it has.
sorry about being a pain, i wouldn't keep posting if i just did the sensible thing and made a backup of your original openiboot.img3 ^^

Offline Ninn

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2010, 08:16:08 PM »
yeah i only removed the loading of touch in menu.c xx didnt have time to remove the other

fergy

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2010, 11:22:55 PM »

yea, reaslised after rebooting the device a couple of times that the difference was a lot less than when first using loading it through loadibec, havn't had chance to edit the post since making though or i would have changed it. :P
EDIT: Just tried your newly posted version without touch and it still seems to take ages before it loads into openiboot? just did a comparison with your newly uploaded version and the old noltari openiboot i used to use before your original tripple-boot version and noltari's version did, as before, boot instantly like your original tripple-boot one did. was the initilisation of multitouch in menu.c the only addition to the touch-enabled version of your build? if so it does seem to have drastically changed the boot speed, at least on my device it has.
sorry about being a pain, i wouldn't keep posting if i just did the sensible thing and made a backup of your original openiboot.img3 ^^

Erm, I don't understand wtf is going on?!
Here on forum is few open kernels and almost all boot same.
All of devs mostly share code, so I don't see how Your version :geek:
1 second diff? Hmm, shame. I can compare few kernels with almost 10 seconds differences.
Just tried your newly posted version without touch and it still seems to take ages before it loads into openiboot?
Huh? Can You please, explain to Us where is problem... literally?  
Please, don't take this personally, but I cannot understand.
Thx

esbam

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2010, 12:41:03 AM »
thanz 4 ur great works
pls i need ur help  in installing android on iphone 2g,i have succeded to this point of Type “nor_read 0×09000000 0×0 1048576 but over 10 times i ve tried typing it my phone reboot to iphone os.done all i know. i ve tried firmware 3.0,3.1.2 and 3.1.3 all same exprience.
pls is there anything i missed.pls help out
my email is ken_esbam@yahoo.com
pls forgive me am not suppose to use here to post this but i feel you can help me out

Offline Ninn

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2010, 12:57:45 AM »
Hey fergy, the problem is that with the touch loading in OIB the methods of fsextract etc is launched, and it causes loading time, so i simply only removed the code that supported the touch, but forgot to remove the init of touch drivers etc, was late etc :) it's nothing about kernels etc <3

owain

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2010, 02:30:45 AM »
i dont get the welcome to openibbot tekst in my terminal
im using mac os x 1.5.6
i timed pressing the home button en enter key same time
home button later
enter key later
unplugged and replugged then enter nothing seems to work :(
gonna try it now on ubuntu i hope it works :(

p.s. i even uninstalled my old OIB and there i did get the welcome to open iboot message

Offline iPwnUK

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2010, 02:19:46 PM »
Sorry if i wasn't clear fergy, i was talking about the loading time of openiboot, not android. Android boots very fast (around 25/30 secs with the 2.2 sdk version, 40/45 seconds for 1.6) once selected from openiboot. (faster than iOS does in fact :D)

yeah i only removed the loading of touch in menu.c xx didnt have time to remove the other
Yea, i didn't think it was as simple as that :P if you manage to find time to possibly re-do the original then it would be greatly appreciated. if not, it doesn't matter, i know theres a lot more important things to do :)

Quote from: "owain"
i dont get the welcome to openibbot tekst in my terminal
im using mac os x 1.5.6
i timed pressing the home button en enter key same time
home button later
enter key later
unplugged and replugged then enter nothing seems to work :(
gonna try it now on ubuntu i hope it works :(

p.s. i even uninstalled my old OIB and there i did get the welcome to open iboot message
okay. if you have openiboot installed on your device still, keep hold of the home button when you click on the iPhone/iOS option untill it loads the 'connect to itunes' or the picture of steve jobs, depending on your jailbreak. if you dont have openiboot installedthen just hold down the home button after you power on the device untill it gets to either of the screens i previously mentioned. after that, in terminal use the command afther changing the directory to where both the loadibec and the oibc commands are, and also the openiboot.img3 file: (this is correct for linux, think its the same for mac)

sudo ./loadibec openiboot.img3 - *type in your password if asked for. this should now load the new openiboot on your device
*open up the console in openiboot
sudo ./oibc - *this will show the 'welcome to openiboot command in terminal
install - *this will install the version of openiboot you loaded
reboot - *pretty self-explanitry, reboots the device.

if all went well then the new version of openiboot will be installed.