Author Topic: Is my ipod supported  (Read 2625 times)

yotama9

Is my ipod supported
« on: July 20, 2010, 09:14:52 AM »
Hi guys.

I was very pleased to see that there is work on porting droid to the ipod/iphone device.

I have a ipod touch 2g 8gb which I bought when ipod touch 3g was out. I tried to search the wiki and the forums to see if there any support for this model but couldn't find any conclusive answer, so I thought I might ask here.

Many thanks for your work and any replay

Yotam

itsbrad212

Re: Is my ipod supported
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 06:03:37 PM »
Hi :)
I have the exact dame device as you. Jaywalker is currently working on OpeniBoot for this device and iDroid will be later ported. So I guess to answer your question, no, it is not supported yet. When it is supported though, your device must be jailbroken with either redsn0w or blackra1n.

To check progress, see:
http://www.idroidproject.org/wiki/Status#iPod_touch_2G

Offline rob

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 08:23:02 AM »
Hi,

I own a iPodTouch (2g, 32GB) and can hardly wait to install iDroid on it. :)

Regs,
Rob

Offline MarioMaster100

• View Profile
  • iDevice: iPod touch 2g
  • iDroid Version: none
  • Jailbreak: jailbreakme.com
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2010, 04:56:22 AM »
Will iPod touch 2nd gen mb model iOS 4.0 jailbroken by jailbreakme.com get support? (I have the afforementioned device btw)

Offline Rekoil

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010, 09:12:17 AM »
Jailbreakme.com jailbreaks aren't low-level enough to offer support for iDroid. But the goal is to support all devices in the end, the problem is that neither of the two most active developers capable of producing an OpeniBoot port (ricky26 and Bluerise) have an iPod Touch 2G to work on. If you'd like to accelerate the port, please think about donating either a device or some dollars to us so we can purchase this device for them. Other than that, kleemajo is also working on an iPod Touch 2G port, you can track his progress by checking his twitter (http://twitter.com/kleemajo), his user page on the wiki, or by bugging him on IRC (I find the latter to be the most effective on pretty much all of the developers )
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 12:09:31 PM by Rekoil »
32gb factory unlocked iPhone 3GS with early bootrom and shsh for all available firmwares
others: 16gb iPhone 3G, 16gb iPhone 2G, 8gb iPod touch 1G, 16gb iPod touch 1G, aTV2

status

Offline MarioMaster100

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2010, 09:02:48 PM »
Jailbreakme.com jailbreaks aren't low-level enough to offer support for iDroid. But the goal is to support all devices in the end, the problem is that neither of the two most active developers capable of producing an OpeniBoot port (ricky26 and Bluerise) have an iPod Touch 2G to work on. If you'd like to accelerate the port, please think about donating either a device or some dollars to us so we can purchase this device for them. Other than that, kleemajo is also working on an iPod Touch 2G port, you can track his progress by checking his twitter (http://twitter.com/kleemajo), his user page on the wiki, or by bugging him on IRC (I find the latter to be the most effective on pretty much all of the developers )
What irc server and channel and will jailbreakme.com ever be supported? Also if I have my shsh backed up in cydia to restore it normally if I'd ever need to do I need to use tinyumbrella or will iTunes be able to restore it fine?

Offline Rekoil

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2010, 11:54:52 PM »
What irc server and channel and will jailbreakme.com ever be supported? Also if I have my shsh backed up in cydia to restore it normally if I'd ever need to do I need to use tinyumbrella or will iTunes be able to restore it fine?
We're on irc.osx86.hu in the channel #iphonelinux. jailbreakme.com jailbreaks will never be supported because they technically can't be supported. It's not that we're lazy or that we don't want to, it just can't be done. But you can use a jailbreak like redsn0w over the top of a jailbreakme.com jailbreak. iTunes will be able to restore a previous firmware version fine as long as you've redirected it's SHSH requests to Sauriks server by adding "74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com" to the bottom of your hosts file, located at /etc/hosts on Mac, you'll need super user privileges, do that with sudo. (Google for where to find the file on winblows)
32gb factory unlocked iPhone 3GS with early bootrom and shsh for all available firmwares
others: 16gb iPhone 3G, 16gb iPhone 2G, 8gb iPod touch 1G, 16gb iPod touch 1G, aTV2

status

Offline MarioMaster100

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2010, 04:43:17 AM »
Isn't jailbreaking over a jailbreak bad and going to cause problems/do damage?

Offline Rekoil

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2010, 10:03:38 AM »
Isn't jailbreaking over a jailbreak bad and going to cause problems/do damage?
Nope, since these 2 jailbreaks work so differently all that's going to happen is you're going to end up with a device that's jailbroken from 2 directions at once, at boot it'll do the redsn0w stuff after which the kernel starts and is again jailbroken by comex' hack, this is completely fine.

No rush though, there's no Android support for iPt2G yet anyway, so you might as well wait a little longer with this.

status