Author Topic: Ipod touch 3G?  (Read 4463 times)

Cbomb626

Ipod touch 3G?
« on: August 15, 2010, 12:04:57 AM »
Hi all,
I have an iPod touch 3rd generation and I was just wondering when idroid implementation would happen for my device.  How come it is not listed in the devices for implementation list?  Are you guys just busy with other stuff or is it not possible on the iPod touch 3rd gen?

Offline Rekoil

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Ipod touch 3G?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 08:46:07 AM »
Everything is possible, what is currently blocking progress on the ipt3g is the fact that that we have no usable injection method by which to run code on the processor at an early enough stage to be usable. Same with the newer 3GS and the iPhone 4, they can be jailbroken in iOS, but not prior to or at the iBoot level which is required for iDroid to function.
32gb factory unlocked iPhone 3GS with early bootrom and shsh for all available firmwares
others: 16gb iPhone 3G, 16gb iPhone 2G, 8gb iPod touch 1G, 16gb iPod touch 1G, aTV2

status

Offline alex

• iDroid too slow? Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 09:09:06 AM »
Early iPod Touch 3G had the old 3G bootrom if I'm not mistaken. Someone started porting oib but stopped for some "legal reasons" (no idea what that means).
#iphonelinux - General iDroid/openiBoot help and support | #idroid-dev - Contact a developer here | #iX - help and support for iX, an Ubuntu distribution for the iDevices | #iOS - all iOS and iPhone support goes here

All located on irc.osx86.hu

Cbomb626

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 03:04:11 PM »
Ok thanks. But since the jailbreak at the boot level has not happened for the iPhone 4 and 3GS as qellni suppose you Gus are looking for a way around this?

Offline alex

• iDroid too slow? Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010, 06:56:36 PM »
Quote from: "Cbomb626"
Ok thanks. But since the jailbreak at the boot level has not happened for the iPhone 4 and 3GS as qellni suppose you Gus are looking for a way around this?
There is no way around it, apart from chainloading linux from iOS which I believe would be more trouble than its worth.
#iphonelinux - General iDroid/openiBoot help and support | #idroid-dev - Contact a developer here | #iX - help and support for iX, an Ubuntu distribution for the iDevices | #iOS - all iOS and iPhone support goes here

All located on irc.osx86.hu

Offline kennycc

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2010, 06:51:04 AM »
sorry for bring up old post but since limer1n is out and i heard that its full open for bootrom is there site or post where i can see progress of how much its done?

Offline ddominator

• Global Moderator
  • Trust me, I'm a doctor.
    • View Profile
    • Unofficial iDroid News Blog
  • iDevice: iPhone 2G 3.1.3
  • iDroid Version: Pepparkaka (ddominator custom)
  • Jailbreak: redsn0w 0.94
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2010, 06:54:10 AM »
Hmm... i wonder how many times these questions will get answered...

iDroid Dev Team is investigating the use of the exploit for openiboot. But since it's a tethered exploit (without the Greenpois0n exploit), the best you can get is a tethered openiboot if ever it will work.
Help Google takeover the world. Use Android on your mobile devices, use Chrome Browser, use Chrome OS!!!  Sell your souls to Google!
Useful links:
FAQ - http://www.idroidproject.org/wiki/FAQ
User Manual - http://www.idroidproject.org/wiki/User_Manual
Recovery Mode - http://www.idroidproject.org/wiki/DFU

Offline kennycc

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2010, 09:54:08 AM »
sorry but i didn't see post about asking for progress after limer1n came out and i think limer1n out like few days ago and i did heard that its fully hacked so.
oh well if you know any post of site that i can check for ipod touch 3g for idroid or any linux please post it here

Offline Darkhole218

• View Profile
  • iDevice: Ipod touch 3g
  • iDroid Version: N/A
  • Jailbreak: Redsnow
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 09:37:29 PM »
I know that the developers only work on this in their spare time but i was also wondering how to be a tester when it is out

Offline Rekoil

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2011, 06:21:17 AM »
I know that the developers only work on this in their spare time but i was also wondering how to be a tester when it is out
Nobody is working on the iPod touch 3G, it's going to be a long time before any progress is made on it. If you wanna speed up the process, donate a device or money to purchase one to the project.
32gb factory unlocked iPhone 3GS with early bootrom and shsh for all available firmwares
others: 16gb iPhone 3G, 16gb iPhone 2G, 8gb iPod touch 1G, 16gb iPod touch 1G, aTV2

status

Offline androidfan123

• View Profile
  • iDevice: iPod Touch 3G (32 GB 4.3.3)
  • Jailbreak: redsn0w 0.96rc16
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2011, 03:29:55 AM »
This should help in porting openiboot, and idroid. I have attached the output of the following command:
Code: [Select]
ioreg -l > ioregoutput.txtThat command piped the output to the text file.
The only modification was the end of line conversion using Notepad++

Offline Neonkoala

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Neonkoala.co.uk
  • iDevice: iPhone 3G, iPhone 4
  • iDroid Version: WobblyGibl3t 0.1b
  • Jailbreak: PwnageTool
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2011, 08:56:37 AM »
We already have all the IORegistry outputs currently available. It won't accelerate porting. We just use them for reference.

http://www.idroidproject.org/wiki/IOReg
iPhone 3G | iPhone 4

Offline androidfan123

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2011, 02:24:47 PM »
The ioreg on the site http://www.idroidproject.org/wiki/IOReg
is probably mistaken for the ipod touch 2g MC model, and not the iPod touch 3G.
If you look at the ioreg on the wiki, it says "iPod 2,1". However, on mine, it says "iPod 3,1"

Offline androidfan123

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2011, 02:35:48 PM »
On a side note, how do you create the template.img3 files? Do you make them on your own, and if so, how? Or, do you just extract them from the firmware, and if so, what file is that? I wish to try to compile OpeniBoot for iPod3g/Arm-V7. Once I get that, I can help begin creating/porting the drivers for the iPod Touch 3G. I do know some programming, and I have 2 years of linux experience. I have Ubuntu 10.10 to compile the system with.

Offline nickp666

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nickpack.com
  • iDevice: Various
  • iDroid Version: Latest
  • Jailbreak: Various
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2011, 04:22:59 PM »
You dont need a template for your device, and presently there is nothing to compile for ipt3g, see the porting guide on the wiki for an intro to what needs to be done