Author Topic: Triple Boot OS : Icon for Psfreedom  (Read 7034 times)

Offline nickxab

• View Profile
Re: Triple Boot OS : Icon for Psfreedom
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2010, 12:17:20 PM »
Yeah kachijs has a good idea.
Can someone replace the idroid icon with the psfreedom icon please ?
Or at least to add a subcategory in the idroid to load the ps freedom ?
Thanks in advance. :D

Offline Carlcox89

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2010, 03:51:39 PM »
Remove this tripleboot version, replace with original openiboot 0.12, then put your psfreedom files at /var/idroid/
yes but how can i rename "android" to psfreedom and change icon to something else other than green little thingy?
Download openiboot source from github then go into images folder and replace the file with the one you want, compile, install on iphone and it's done.

Offline nickxab

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2010, 08:26:54 PM »
@Carlcox89

I had once more similar idea with you but sadly i don't know ho to compile it.
I am total noob in those thingies. xD

Offline iPwnUK

• *Insert Witty Comment Here*
    • View Profile
  • iDevice: iPhone 4 (GSM) 16G
  • Jailbreak: redsn0w 0.9.6(cant remember actual version)
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2010, 05:31:13 PM »
You can compile it using the instructions found here, on the wiki

Offline Bry4nMW

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2010, 12:28:57 AM »
Remove this tripleboot version, replace with original openiboot 0.12, then put your psfreedom files at /var/idroid/
yes but how can i rename "android" to psfreedom and change icon to something else other than green little thingy?
Download openiboot source from github then go into images folder and replace the file with the one you want, compile, install on iphone and it's done.
I believe that will not work, though I have not tried it, because the header files paired with the images contain its hex code, so I believe that too will require changing. I have been meaning to change the android picture to a PSF one, but I am too lazy to put the hex data into the syntax the header file has, so I was wondering if anyone knew of a program that would do it for me.

Offline nickxab

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2010, 03:06:41 PM »
Where i can find the openiboot source code ?

Offline Bry4nMW

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2010, 06:39:10 PM »
Where i can find the openiboot source code ?
If you know how to use github you can find it here: http://github.com/iDroid-Project/openiBoot

otherwise here it is in a tarball: http://github.com/iDroid-Project/openiBoot/tarball/master

Offline Carlcox89

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2010, 01:04:15 AM »
I believe that will not work, though I have not tried it, because the header files paired with the images contain its hex code, so I believe that too will require changing. I have been meaning to change the android picture to a PSF one, but I am too lazy to put the hex data into the syntax the header file has, so I was wondering if anyone knew of a program that would do it for me.
That will work for sure, I've did it many times. You just have to change the images you want (keeping the same name or you will have to change the source to equal your file names...better to give them the same name as the existing ones) and then open terminal, go to that images folder and do "make all", it will 'transform' the png images to the correct hex ones.
If you have any doubt, just ask.

Offline argirop

• View Profile
  • iDevice: iPhone 3G
  • iDroid Version: 1.0.4.1
  • Jailbreak: Redsn0w 0.9.3
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2010, 04:37:02 PM »
May i ask if both versions of iBoot (0.1.2 and 0.2) are compatible with PSfreedom? And i was also wondering if version of iDroid makes any difference. For example i installed iDroid 1.0.4.1 (through bootlace) after installing iboot version 0.2 via virtual machine of Ubuntu terminal and i was wondering if i can simply go and replace through winSCP the 2 psfreedom files in private/rar/idroid?

Offline Peacemaker

• WTF, boom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2011, 12:11:42 AM »
Can you give me one for iPhone 3G? And what does PSfreedom do? :-\
Meh. You wouldn't care.

Offline Peacemaker

• WTF, boom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2011, 07:36:04 AM »
Can you do this with iX too, just keep the idroid files in the idroid folder and make a iX folder in the idroid folder with all those files?
Meh. You wouldn't care.