Author Topic: Triple Boot OS : Icon for Psfreedom  (Read 7045 times)

I051867

Re: Triple Boot OS : Icon for Psfreedom
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2010, 04:22:21 AM »
Hi, good job
it works fine for me with the normal exploit, i will try with the Hermes exploit.
Thx so much

nickymot

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2010, 09:01:12 PM »
Hi, great job. Sorry for the noob question, but since I have installed PSFreedom using the package file in their website, is it possible that I can install Android on top of that? Or do I have to uninstall Openiboot first, and install Android, then add PSFreedom last? Thanks. A detailed guide is really appreciated.

Offline order2chaos

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2010, 06:16:07 AM »
Hi, great job. Sorry for the noob question, but since I have installed PSFreedom using the package file in their website, is it possible that I can install Android on top of that? Or do I have to uninstall Openiboot first, and install Android, then add PSFreedom last? Thanks. A detailed guide is really appreciated.

Nicky, if you've used the packaged "1 shot" installer from the PSfreedom wiki then you've installed iphodroid. 1) That isn't supported here 2) any attempt to install this over the top of iphodroid will fail. So the answer to your question is no. For various reasons found throughout this forum (and by reading the tales of misery over at the iphodroid forum) I suggest you abandon iphodroid and join the fold. If you wish to do so, simply running "uninstall" from the boot screen will not suffice, you'll need to completely restore the 3G in itunes (remembering that OpeniBoot currently only supports ioS 4.0.2 and below).
Once restored in itunes, JB using redsn0w, then follow this guide to install open iboot: http://www.idroidproject.org/wiki/Installing_OpeniBoot
Finally, for simplicity, I recommend you install idroid via bootlace, guide here: http://www.idroidproject.org/wiki/Bootlace
Then, you can follow reply number 10 of this thread (ipwnuk's response) which is basically overwriting the existing openiboot install with labricol's files. The two files he makes reference to are destined for the Psfreedom folder are available on the PSfreedom wiki, http://ersan.us/src/psfreedom-iphone3g.zip (above the link to the 1 shot installer)

I was initially in the same situation as you and following the above steps worked for me. Thanks go to Labricol for the files and and to iPwnUK for illuminating the way!

What PS3 JB'ers using iphones really need is someone competent enough to support the intergration and compilation of recent developments such as Hermes payload and Kaka's PL3, as this is abit dated now. Many of us wait with baited breathe...

Offline Carlcox89

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2010, 07:57:42 PM »
Can anyone compile this using old-template of openiboot ??
Cause i'm using a 3G 3.1.3 (sn0wbreeze) and it isnt working when ( sudo ./loadibec openiboot.img3 ).

Offline trentmkii

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2010, 05:27:44 PM »
So... I've got this up and running on my 3G. Android, OS3.1.3, and Console will load with no problems at all. PSFreedom on the other hand doesn't. It will load up to the INIT at which point I go through the PS3 side of the JB. After a bit of waiting I get to a point where it repeats "libertas: unable to find helper firmware sd8686_helper.bin"

Not exactly sure what is causing this. I do have the PSFreedom files located in /private/var/idroid/Psfreedom

Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.

Offline trentmkii

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2010, 07:59:50 PM »
Can anyone compile this using old-template of openiboot ??
Cause i'm using a 3G 3.1.3 (sn0wbreeze) and it isnt working when ( sudo ./loadibec openiboot.img3 ).

I got it to install fine on my 3G with 3.1.3. I used redsn0w though. My installation was done with Ubuntu on a virtual machine. I just had to make sure and select the Apple device under the "Devices" tab. If you are installing it yhe same way you might want to double check that step. It wouldn't install for me if I didn't have it selected.

Hope this helps.

Offline iPwnUK

• *Insert Witty Comment Here*
    • View Profile
  • iDevice: iPhone 4 (GSM) 16G
  • Jailbreak: redsn0w 0.9.6(cant remember actual version)
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2010, 12:11:55 AM »
So... I've got this up and running on my 3G. Android, OS3.1.3, and Console will load with no problems at all. PSFreedom on the other hand doesn't. It will load up to the INIT at which point I go through the PS3 side of the JB. After a bit of waiting I get to a point where it repeats "libertas: unable to find helper firmware sd8686_helper.bin"

Not exactly sure what is causing this. I do have the PSFreedom files located in /private/var/idroid/Psfreedom

Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.
It all depends on the timing of the power and eject buttons being pressed (I also have problems sometimes if there's a disk in the drive, but sometimes it does still work). if the PS3 hasn't booted by the time the very fast scrolling text (after the device_ready type ones), then reboot the phone/ipod, switch the ps3 off at the wall/power switch on the back depending on if you have a slim or fat model, then try again using a different timing.
Hope this helps, took me a while to get it to work myself. :)

Offline trentmkii

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2010, 07:59:56 AM »
Hmm...I've tried several times but I will continue to try. I can PSGroove to load up no problem with an iPod video running the RockBox exploit. Maybe PSFreedom and PSGroove have different timing needs. If I have any luck I'll respond with the details.

Thanks.

Offline trentmkii

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2010, 09:21:20 PM »
:bows head in shame: So I just realized that the PS3 I was tryin to use the iPhone on was still on 3.40.

With that said problems do still exist. Once the PS3 boots it gives the "An unknown USB device..." message. I've read in a couple places where people say it's a timing issue. I've got the JB to run no problem from my iPod video on both of my PS3's. I can't get PSFreedom via iPhone to work on either PS3.

Any ideas?

Thanks everyone.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 12:20:10 PM by trentmkii »

Offline iPwnUK

• *Insert Witty Comment Here*
    • View Profile
  • iDevice: iPhone 4 (GSM) 16G
  • Jailbreak: redsn0w 0.9.6(cant remember actual version)
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2010, 10:32:03 PM »
:bows head in shame: So I just realized that the PS3 I was tryin to use the iPhone on was still on 3.40.

With that said problems do still exist. Once the PS3 boots it gives the "An unknown USB device..." message. I've read in a couple places where people say it's a timing issue. I've got the JB to run no problem from my iPod video on both of my PS3's. I can't get PSFreedom via iPhone to work on either PS3.

Any ideas?

Thanks everyone.

yes, the iPhone/iPod touch port of PSFreedom only works on 3.41, and the unknown device message is because the ps3 wont recognize it as it is not formatted in FAT32 for file storage, and the exploit hasn't run for it to be used for that purpose. would recommend updating to 3.41 from a usb stick or something if you want to use your iPhone for the jailbreak, and if not then stick with your iPod video :)

Offline trentmkii

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2010, 08:45:13 AM »
As soon as I saw what FW I was on I updated it. That's how I'm running into the "An unrecognized USB device..." problem. I would really like to get PSFreedom running on my iPhone 3G as I don't use it. My iPod on the other hand is used by me and my girlfriend so it's not always readily available. So any ideas on the cause of the problem? The PS3 is now on 3.41 and the 3G is triple booting and both Apple OS and Android both load fine.

Thanks again for all the help.

Offline nickxab

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2010, 11:14:08 PM »
Good job man.
But i have an idea.Can you merge the idroid and the psfreedom and add a submenu ?
I mean to keep it like the normal openiboot but when you press in the idroid to bring a sub menu with the psfreedom and idroid launcher.  ;)

Offline kachijs

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2010, 04:15:37 PM »
hey. maybe there is a way to remove android from the openiboot and leave just psfreedom ?

tnx

Offline Carlcox89

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2010, 11:15:03 PM »
Remove this tripleboot version, replace with original openiboot 0.12, then put your psfreedom files at /var/idroid/

Offline kachijs

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2010, 10:11:40 AM »
Remove this tripleboot version, replace with original openiboot 0.12, then put your psfreedom files at /var/idroid/
yes but how can i rename "android" to psfreedom and change icon to something else other than green little thingy?