Author Topic: iDroid 11.04 Pepparkaka Release Announcement  (Read 20477 times)

Offline morocco

• View Profile
  • iDevice: iphone 3G
  • iDroid Version: MOJO 1.5
  • Jailbreak: redsn0w 0.96b4
Re: iDroid 11.04 Pepparkaka Release Announcement
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2011, 05:07:25 AM »
This version without graphics ( gpu not supported slow :'( ) is also why if you are making the new version loool

Offline sneevand

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2011, 04:54:00 AM »
Is Idroid project closed? No release since April 24th and you can provide tentative dates as you don’t keep up the promise date.

Offline Rekoil

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2011, 11:17:36 AM »
Is Idroid project closed? No release since April 24th and you can provide tentative dates as you don’t keep up the promise date.
What are you talking about? What promised date? The developers are working hard on the ports for the iPhone 4, iPad 1, iPod touch 4G and AppleTV 2G.
32gb factory unlocked iPhone 3GS with early bootrom and shsh for all available firmwares
others: 16gb iPhone 3G, 16gb iPhone 2G, 8gb iPod touch 1G, 16gb iPod touch 1G, aTV2

status

Offline kantagara

• View Profile
  • iDevice: iPhone 2g
  • iDroid Version: Froyo 1.0.3
  • Jailbreak: i think pwnage tool
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2011, 10:20:23 AM »
Will you try somehow to fix the bug of draining battery? I think the overclocking is the main reason for that.

Offline nickp666

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nickpack.com
  • iDevice: Various
  • iDroid Version: Latest
  • Jailbreak: Various
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2011, 05:54:03 PM »
Will you try somehow to fix the bug of draining battery? I think the overclocking is the main reason for that.
No, this is not the issue at all, the CPU is clocked at 412mhz just like iOS, the issue is the complete lack of power management code in drivers, and no support for clock gating

Offline nickp666

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2011, 05:55:32 PM »

We have NEVER issued an ETA because we couldnt even pretend to be able to keep to it, and thus will not start now.

I have no idea where you get the "promise date" from, but presumably you are confusing us with Sergio McFly, who happens to have _fuck all_ to do with this project.

Offline randomkid241

• View Profile
  • iDevice: -----------------
  • iDroid Version: -----------------
  • Jailbreak: ----------------
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2011, 06:15:31 PM »
When is this going to support ipod touch 2g (if ever!)  :'( been waiting for ages! Please reply thanks.

Offline ddominator

• Global Moderator
  • Trust me, I'm a doctor.
    • View Profile
    • Unofficial iDroid News Blog
  • iDevice: iPhone 2G 3.1.3
  • iDroid Version: Pepparkaka (ddominator custom)
  • Jailbreak: redsn0w 0.94
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2011, 08:52:29 PM »
When is this going to support ipod touch 2g (if ever!)  :'( been waiting for ages! Please reply thanks.
The post above yours just said there are no ETAs. There is no definite date on when this will support iPod Touch 2G.

But it looks like you have to wait a few more ages or just buy a real Android device.
Help Google takeover the world. Use Android on your mobile devices, use Chrome Browser, use Chrome OS!!!  Sell your souls to Google!
Useful links:
FAQ - http://www.idroidproject.org/wiki/FAQ
User Manual - http://www.idroidproject.org/wiki/User_Manual
Recovery Mode - http://www.idroidproject.org/wiki/DFU

Offline randomkid241

• View Profile
  • iDevice: -----------------
  • iDroid Version: -----------------
  • Jailbreak: ----------------
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2011, 08:02:47 PM »
Thanks for the info, please post on this forum when it finally does support!  ;D

Offline sneevand

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2011, 11:10:14 PM »
This project is Dead  :(. You cant fix camera,bluetooth and power management issues of iphone 2 and talk big about iphone4.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 11:11:47 PM by sneevand »

Offline Rekoil

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2011, 07:48:08 AM »
This project is Dead  :(. You cant fix camera,bluetooth and power management issues of iphone 2 and talk big about iphone4.
Just because it's a different device doesn't mean it's harder. Those issues are probably actually much easier to solve on the iPhone 4 due to its hardware being more common. The reason they haven't been solved on the iPhone 2G or 3G is that nobody is working on those devices anymore, and as such, no progress is made.
32gb factory unlocked iPhone 3GS with early bootrom and shsh for all available firmwares
others: 16gb iPhone 3G, 16gb iPhone 2G, 8gb iPod touch 1G, 16gb iPod touch 1G, aTV2

status

Offline Lejolasho

• View Profile
  • iDevice: iPhone 2g
  • iDroid Version: 11.04
  • Jailbreak: Blackrain
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2011, 04:42:50 PM »
Just because it's a different device doesn't mean it's harder. Those issues are probably actually much easier to solve on the iPhone 4 due to its hardware being more common. The reason they haven't been solved on the iPhone 2G or 3G is that nobody is working on those devices anymore, and as such, no progress is made.
To my mind, iDroid must be oriented on iPhone 2G or 3G, because, this project will be mostly used by those, who wants Android system, (or something new) but does not have enough money to buy it. These are 2G and 3G users. No one will use iDroid on iPhone 4, because iDroid won't be optimized as well to prefer it to iOS4-5. Also, if such user wants Android system, it will just get a very good smartphone with Android system.

Offline nickp666

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2011, 12:13:52 PM »
To my mind, iDroid must be oriented on iPhone 2G or 3G, because, this project will be mostly used by those, who wants Android system, (or something new) but does not have enough money to buy it. These are 2G and 3G users. No one will use iDroid on iPhone 4, because iDroid won't be optimized as well to prefer it to iOS4-5. Also, if such user wants Android system, it will just get a very good smartphone with Android system.

Ultimately, nobody gets paid for this, and people are going to work on whatever interests them, this is not something I, nor the community can govern, but to be honest I can see the frustration with the older devices and have a full understanding of why the developers (myself included) no longer wish to work on them, there are some aspects that are completely unrealistic with the older devices and to be honest, hardware that old doesnt warrant the time spent, for the little gain it brings.