Author Topic: iDroid 11.04 Pepparkaka Release Announcement  (Read 20477 times)

Offline nickp666

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nickpack.com
  • iDevice: Various
  • iDroid Version: Latest
  • Jailbreak: Various
iDroid 11.04 Pepparkaka Release Announcement
« on: April 15, 2011, 08:04:24 PM »
What is this?
This is the iDroid Project's third release of Android Gingerbread for iDevices, built from the community source code repos at http://www.github.com/iDroid-Project

This release is for iPhone 2G,  iPhone 3G & iPod Touch 1G and is available as a binary package or via Bootlace.

Special thanks go to ddominator for his persistence & help with libsensors testing.

IF YOUR DEVICE IS NOT STATED ABOVE THEN IT IS NOT SUPPORTED - WE DO NOT HAVE ETA'S ON OTHER PORTS AT THE MOMENT.

You DO NOT need a new version of OpeniBoot to boot this - If your openiboot install is capable of booting later MoJo releases, then it will be able to boot this

Changelog
Kernel Changes
  • New Accelerometer driver from Intel (iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 1G) [nickp666]
  • Preliminary Ambient light sensor support - No support in Android yet but working at kernel level (iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 1G) [nickp666]
  • New SPI based Zephyr2 Multitouch driver (iPhone 3G) [ricky26] - iPod Touch 1G missed out because ricky loves to forget it exists - I'll fix this myself, but not before this release
  • Preliminary PMU suspend support - Fixes iPhone 3G audio popping issue (doesnt add much to battery life at this point) [ricky26]
  • Minor kernel configuration optimisation (iPod Touch 1G and iPhone 2G) [nickp666]
Android Changes
  • All repos updated in line with upstream, thus we are now running Android 2.3.3 [nickp666]
  • New libsensors which presently adds Accelerometer support - this will be expanded later to support the Ambient light sensor, I just ran out of time. [nickp666 & ddominator]
  • Tweaked keyboard animation values [ddominator]
  • Various un-noteworthy updates and changes to external projects

NOTE: Launcher2 (The standard Android launcher) DOES NOT SUPPORT ROTATION, so dont moan that the accelerometer doesnt work if thats your test* :P

The system menus only also rotate in 2 directions, not 3, so holding your phone upside down will not yield the correct angle* :P
*Above points verified by running ezGingerbread on my G1

Like the rest of the Android community, we have now switched to ext4 images. This journalled filesystem results in significantly reduced corruption and data resiliency, at the expense of additional writes to the NAND flash. If you are paranoid about NAND wear then I suggest that you DO NOT USE these images (Neither I nor the project will be held accountable for any NAND damage - this is entirely at your own risk) and instead copy their contents to ext2 images.

It is almost certain that your first boot of these images will show a lot of ftl messages and will lag somewhat - PLEASE LEAVE IT TO DO THIS - we now roll out clean userdata images rather than prepopulated ones (this should fix some issues with UUID's etc)

Please also immediately disable the UI animations in Settings > Display > Animations, I'm sure by now I dont need to explain why this is - we still have the same kernel after all :)

FAQ/User guide
ddominator has gone to great lengths to provide FAQ's and general usage information for iDroid, before posting please take a moment to read these, as a lot of common questions are already answered.

User Manual - http://www.idroidproject.org/wiki/User_Manual
FAQ - http://www.idroidproject.org/wiki/FAQ

Reporting Issues/Requesting Features
Please remember, this is alpha quality software - there is still a lot to be done.

We presently do not have a proper issue tracker (I have taken the previous one down) because the one we had was becoming increasingly full of irrelevant noise, and ended up being a time vampire, with little benefit to the project.

As a temporary measure, I have added some boards to this forum in order for bugs to be reported (that way the forum mods can help us keep track)

Please take the time to file a proper bug report, 'iDroid is slow' is not constructive, and is a waste of developers time to answer, please if you wish to raise an issue be as specific as you can, this will greatly increase the chances of your issue being resolved and reduces the workload of the developers drastically.

Getting Help
You can get help by posting in the relevant board on the forum, you can also find the developers and other users in #iphonelinux and #idroid-dev on irc.freenode.net

Source Code/Contributing
Our source code is hosted on github: http://github.com/iDroid-Project

If you are a developer with Kernel experience, C, Java, C++ or ARM assembler skills and would like to help, feel free to speak to us on IRC in #idroid-dev, we'd be happy to help you get started.

Please honour the licences of the respective code and our Open Source ethos by sharing any changes/improvements you make to it.

Downloads
DONT FORGET TO REPORT YOUR BUGS/ISSUES - WE CANNOT FIX PROBLEMS WE DONT KNOW ABOUT!

DONT FORGET TO DISABLE WINDOW ANIMATIONS - IF YOU DONT IT WILL BE AS LAGGY AS HELL!

This release is available from Bootlace

For manual installers releases for all platforms are available for download from the iDroid Project cdn at: http://cdn.idroidproject.org/release/idroid/

Footnote
Please do not litter this thread with "how to fix?" or "how do I install this?" questions, follow the guides on the wiki.

I will happily answer questions about the functionality in this release, and future plans for it, but if you need help with using it then post in the relevant section on this board - ANY SUPPORT QUESTIONS ON THIS THREAD WILL BE IGNORED
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 09:39:51 PM by nickp666 »

Offline Saphiresurf

• View Profile
  • iDevice: iPhone 4 16gb iOS 4.3.1 Jailbroken
  • iDroid Version: None are installed
  • Jailbreak: redsn0w/pwnagetool 4
Re: iDroid 11.04 Pepparkaka Release Announcement
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 08:36:37 PM »
Awesome release!

Offline M4v3r1cX

• NEVER mess up with Hackers
    • View Profile
  • iDevice: iPhone3G M4v3r1cX Kustom
  • iDroid Version: MaverickDroid (Pepparkaka based)
  • Jailbreak: redsn0w 0.9.4
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 10:16:56 PM »
Great job ;D
WIP Status:
[PC]MaverickDroid(Partial Name)
Currently installed Androidx86 for testing

[iPhone3G]MaverickDroid(Partial Name)
Working on the PMU, GPU and Cam drivers for the OS

Offline Krazy-Killa

• View Profile
  • iDevice: iPhone 3G
  • iDroid Version: MoJo 1.0.4.1
  • Jailbreak: redsn0w 0.9.6b2
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 12:04:47 AM »
  • New Accelerometer driver from Intel (iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 1G) [nickp666]
  • Preliminary Ambient light sensor support - No support in Android yet but working at kernel level (iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 1G) [nickp666]
  • New SPI based Zephyr2 Multitouch driver (iPhone 3G) [ricky26] - iPod Touch 1G missed out because ricky loves to forget it exists - I'll fix this myself, but not before this release
  • Preliminary PMU suspend support - Fixes iPhone 3G audio popping issue (doesnt add much to battery life at this point) [ricky26]
  • Minor kernel configuration optimisation (iPod Touch 1G and iPhone 2G) [nickp666]
Android Changes
  • All repos updated in line with upstream, thus we are now running Android 2.3.3 [nickp666]
  • New libsensors which presently adds Accelerometer support - this will be expanded later to support the Ambient light sensor, I just ran out of time. [nickp666 & ddominator]
  • Tweaked keyboard animation values [ddominator]
  • Various un-noteworthy updates and changes to external projects
The key thing I see here is Peliminary PMU support and the return of the Accelerometer w/ potential ALS  ;D.  I see that the primary new feature of the PMU is putting the phone into Standby.  Does this mean the PMU driver is nearly completed, and just doesn't have access to the CPU's scaling and idle functions (which I can tell since the phone still runs hot, but starts to cooldown slightly in "standby")

Any idea if CPUFreq is compatible with the iPhone's CPU?  I've been trying to figure out how to get CPUFreq to work with my HTC Kaiser under Android, as that phone's PMU does pretty much what the iPhone's does now, only allows standby mode, and the phone runs really hot while active (battery life lasts 2-4hrs depending on usage).
AT&T Tilt - Android 2.2.1 System/Data on NAND ROM
Tutorials - Syncing your Google Contacts with Android (Alternate Way)

Offline DaRk_ViVi

• Rest in pieces!
    • View Profile
    • DaRk_ViVi
  • iDevice: iPhone 3G (16Gb)
  • iDroid Version: Pepparkaka 11.02
  • Jailbreak: PwnageTool 4.2
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 11:06:20 AM »
Is it normal that bootlace still has 10.02 as the latest version?

Offline ddominator

• Global Moderator
  • Trust me, I'm a doctor.
    • View Profile
    • Unofficial iDroid News Blog
  • iDevice: iPhone 2G 3.1.3
  • iDroid Version: Pepparkaka (ddominator custom)
  • Jailbreak: redsn0w 0.94
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 12:50:51 PM »
Is it normal that bootlace still has 10.02 as the latest version?

Well Bootlace has 11.02 as its latest version so 10.02 is abnormal  ;)

Also, if you missed this from the first post by nickp666 (the release announcement):
This release is not presently available from Bootlace due to Neonkoala having server issues, I will post back an update when it is.
Help Google takeover the world. Use Android on your mobile devices, use Chrome Browser, use Chrome OS!!!  Sell your souls to Google!
Useful links:
Recovery Mode - http://www.idroidproject.org/wiki/DFU

Offline DaRk_ViVi

• Rest in pieces!
    • View Profile
    • DaRk_ViVi
  • iDevice: iPhone 3G (16Gb)
  • iDroid Version: Pepparkaka 11.02
  • Jailbreak: PwnageTool 4.2
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 02:25:07 PM »
Sorry missed that part (and mispelled the version number).  :'(

Offline nickp666

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nickpack.com
  • iDevice: Various
  • iDroid Version: Latest
  • Jailbreak: Various
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 09:40:08 PM »
Now available in Bootlace

Offline sneevand

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2011, 02:23:17 PM »
Great JOB

Iphone 2g:

Audio working fine.
Used Iphone explorer to copy files to SD folder.
Can play videos,mp3s and even copy images and set as wall paper.
WIFI working fine

Issues:
Battery Power drains out quicker.
Waiting for camera and bluetooth to work. [2 options makes it complete]

Offline kvnxp

• View Profile
  • iDevice: 3g 3.1.3
  • iDroid Version: testing.. .
  • Jailbreak: snowbreeze
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2011, 01:54:09 AM »
Hi guys how are you  ..  i new on this page XD ...
exelent proyect  very good .. i like android !! have a  HTC kaiser  with android on nand XD
so continuos the proyect  XD  :)

my question --
i have a iphone 3g  with ios 3.1.3  i have sucessfull installed android ..  i testing 11.04  but have a problem..
1 if I leave the phone for a while without use .. shuts down and restarts...
2 this have GPU support ??  it slow for  window efect and more...  it there any way  to increase the graphics for efects  ? :) ---

pd: sorry for my english   i from colombia  i speack spanish XD
greettings  for all .. and thnks  for this proyect  i like XD
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 01:56:23 AM by kvnxp »

Offline Ronju Khan

• View Profile
  • iDroid Version: 11.4
  • Jailbreak: RedsnOw
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2011, 11:59:23 AM »
See, the iroied is working fine except it does not recharge the battery does not recharge when it is on iroid mode. The battery only last long for 2 hours. Aside from that all working fine. Please help. Please respond to ronju.khna@gmail.com. Thanks.   

Offline ddominator

• Global Moderator
  • Trust me, I'm a doctor.
    • View Profile
    • Unofficial iDroid News Blog
  • iDevice: iPhone 2G 3.1.3
  • iDroid Version: Pepparkaka (ddominator custom)
  • Jailbreak: redsn0w 0.94
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2011, 12:41:38 PM »
See, the iroied is working fine except it does not recharge the battery does not recharge when it is on iroid mode. The battery only last long for 2 hours. Aside from that all working fine. Please help. Please respond to ronju.khna@gmail.com. Thanks.
Please read either the FAQ or User Manual as this has already been an issue since before.
Help Google takeover the world. Use Android on your mobile devices, use Chrome Browser, use Chrome OS!!!  Sell your souls to Google!
Useful links:
Recovery Mode - http://www.idroidproject.org/wiki/DFU

Offline eolithix

• View Profile
  • iDroid Version: pepparkaka 11
  • Jailbreak: Redsn0w
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2011, 11:34:28 AM »
Hey everyone and good to be here.
I try to install iDroid via bootlace iphone 3g ofc redsn0w JB I use the latest one since the b6 was buggy on my device for some reason.
Anyhow I installed bootlace and openiboot via it. but when I try to install iDroid the installation stucks at "resolving depencies" I did a little search and I saw that is caused by multitouch firmware but I cannot manual extract it via windows and bootlace crashes when I try to do it via the app.
Any help or suggestions are welcome and I hope this little annoying thing can be fixed soon :)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 11:36:03 AM by eolithix »

Offline reynard1

• View Profile
  • iDevice: iPhone3g
  • iDroid Version: Pepparkaka 11.01
  • Jailbreak: redsn0w 0.96b4
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2011, 10:18:52 AM »
hi guys
tnx for this project

i have a question

if i install this version can i insatall apk andriod software at my phone?

sorry for speaking
i am persian
sorry

Offline reynard1

• View Profile
  • iDevice: iPhone3g
  • iDroid Version: Pepparkaka 11.01
  • Jailbreak: redsn0w 0.96b4
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2011, 12:00:40 PM »
and how many hours this version battery life?