Author Topic: Uninstall openiBoot  (Read 1569 times)

Offline JeLo

• View Profile
  • iDevice: iPhone 3G 16 GB
  • iDroid Version: 11.01
  • Jailbreak: sn0wbreeze 2.2.1
Uninstall openiBoot
« on: August 10, 2011, 08:18:03 PM »
Hi!

First sorry for my non-perfect english, I'm from Hungary.
I have a problem. I installed openiBoot 0.2 and an iDroid (unknown version), but something went wrong. When I choose iOS, the screen flashes one time and nothing hapens. The iDroid boots up, but it has lot of bugs and in one or two minutes jumps back to the openiBoot starting screen.

I need to uninstall iDroid and openiboot without needing to restore. I followed the tutorial on this page, but it doesn't work for me. I can connect to the iBoot console. At first time when I gave the command "uninstall" it said: no openiBoot insallation found. So i wrote the command "install" and then "uninstall". In this case it says: uninstall succesful. Then I write command "reboot". The device reboots, but the openiBoot starting screen shows up again insted booting iOS normally.

Please help me.
Thank you. 

Offline ddominator

• Global Moderator
  • Trust me, I'm a doctor.
    • View Profile
    • Unofficial iDroid News Blog
  • iDevice: iPhone 2G 3.1.3
  • iDroid Version: Pepparkaka (ddominator custom)
  • Jailbreak: redsn0w 0.94
Re: Uninstall openiBoot
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 03:54:28 AM »
I'm sorry to say this but something is wrong with your phone and you need to restore.

If iOS doesn't boot even in OpeniBoot, then it will not boot even if you uninstall OpeniBoot.

Do a DFU restore.
Help Google takeover the world. Use Android on your mobile devices, use Chrome Browser, use Chrome OS!!!  Sell your souls to Google!
Useful links:
FAQ - http://www.idroidproject.org/wiki/FAQ
User Manual - http://www.idroidproject.org/wiki/User_Manual
Recovery Mode - http://www.idroidproject.org/wiki/DFU

Offline JeLo

• View Profile
  • iDevice: iPhone 3G 16 GB
  • iDroid Version: 11.01
  • Jailbreak: sn0wbreeze 2.2.1
Re: Uninstall openiBoot
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 08:20:42 AM »
You made me sad :( I thought, this will end like this.

So, I'm trying to do a DFU restore since morning, but iTunes alwasy say: Error 1015. I installed libUSB, ran Error 1015 fix program, but the result is the same. I tried shift+click on restore button in iTunes, and browsed a fw, but doesn't work. In libUSB I can see, the phone is in DFU mode, but when I start restore in iTunes, it changes in recovery mode. It is a problem?

The highest iOS version what I can install is 3.1.3 with soem bug. Youtube application does not work and Cydia crashes after launch, so I can't unlock the phone. Maybe someone have an idea, how I put iOS 4 or Cydia? I can't SSH into the phone neither. It is exists a method to unlock the phone via PC?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 08:20:38 AM by JeLo »