Author Topic: Noltari OpeniBoot 3G builds  (Read 24053 times)

Offline Noltari

  • Member
  • Posts: 166
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Noltari OpeniBoot 3G builds
« on: May 07, 2010, 07:08:20 AM »
::General Information::
The latest openiboot and kernel images will always be uploaded to this post (attached).
I'll update them if there are new commits and if I am available.

::Latest OpeniBoot Commits::
Latest Custom OpeniBoot Uploaded (Multitouch Firmware Fix): http://http://github.com/Noltari/iphonelinux/commit/cd58bb083c6fd4b5469b6a2d51cc3bc4916c1643
Latest Official OpeniBoot Uploaded (ultrasn0w): http://http://github.com/planetbeing/iphonelinux/commit/2bcd24c68d858e778e393965f991856d07c4c45a

::Install Multitouch Firmware to NOR::
  • Copy zephyr2.bin to "iphonelinux/openiboot/mk8900image"
  • From "iphonelinux/openiboot/mk8900image" execute this command:
    • Code: [Select]
      mk8900image zephyr2.bin zephyr2.img3 template-3g.img
  • Edit "zephyr2.img3" at offset 0x10 to 0x13 from "cebi" to "2ztm" and save it.
  • From oibc send "zephyr2.img3" to your iphone (Address 0x9000000):
  • It will return this:
    • Code: [Select]
      file received (XXXXX bytes).
  • Install the firmware from the address and with the size the upload command returned:
    • Code: [Select]
      multitouch_fw_install 0x09000000 XXXXX

::My Custom OpeniBoot Preview::


Cheers, Noltari.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 03:35:41 PM by Noltari »
Source: http://github.com/Noltari/iphonelinux
[iPhone 3G] OpeniBoot Builds: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=225
[iPod Touch 1G] OpeniBoot Builds: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=94

bulldog5046

  • Guest
Re: Post your precompiled iDroid 3G Images here.
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 08:59:58 PM »
there is a new commit available with call support, any chance of a build Noltari? :)

Offline Noltari

  • Member
  • Posts: 166
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Noltari OpeniBoot 3G builds
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 10:30:54 PM »
I'm having some problems with my custom modification of openiboot, as soon as I fix them I'll upload it (adding support for 3G Calls).

Cheers, Noltari.
Source: http://github.com/Noltari/iphonelinux
[iPhone 3G] OpeniBoot Builds: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=225
[iPod Touch 1G] OpeniBoot Builds: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=94

messa

  • Guest
Re: Noltari OpeniBoot 3G builds
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 12:57:45 AM »
when i boot the iphone with the new release with internal speaker support i cannot boot its just keeps saying suspend state wakeup and a bunch of numbers

Offline Noltari

  • Member
  • Posts: 166
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Noltari OpeniBoot 3G builds
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 01:17:48 AM »
Quote from: "messa"
when i boot the iphone with the new release with internal speaker support i cannot boot its just keeps saying suspend state wakeup and a bunch of numbers
Can you be more precise?
Source: http://github.com/Noltari/iphonelinux
[iPhone 3G] OpeniBoot Builds: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=225
[iPod Touch 1G] OpeniBoot Builds: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=94

iPhonEric

  • Guest
Re: Noltari OpeniBoot 3G builds
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 01:36:25 AM »
This supports 3G calls? Has he added the support for connecting to ATT Network yet?

Ryber

  • Guest
Re: Noltari OpeniBoot 3G builds
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2010, 01:43:07 AM »
Noltari, any idea why your latest builds don't load when I use sudo ./loadibec openiboot.img3?
I've got no problems booting android etc, but i'm using Paradox's build right now.
I just love your custom tri boot :)

Offline Noltari

  • Member
  • Posts: 166
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Noltari OpeniBoot 3G builds
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2010, 02:25:14 AM »
Quote from: "Ryber"
Noltari, any idea why your latest builds don't load when I use sudo ./loadibec openiboot.img3?
I've got no problems booting android etc, but i'm using Paradox's build right now.
I just love your custom tri boot :)
I'm having problems when installing it, becuase it just hungs up :$.
Source: http://github.com/Noltari/iphonelinux
[iPhone 3G] OpeniBoot Builds: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=225
[iPod Touch 1G] OpeniBoot Builds: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=94

iPhonEric

  • Guest
Re: Noltari OpeniBoot 3G builds
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2010, 03:13:53 AM »
Had a problem when installing this.
I uninstalled my current build then installed this build, but it always got stuck on Flashing:something
So what I did was reinstalled the old build I had and updated it by doing:

Launch openiboot
2. Run the client: sudo client/oibc
3. Copy the openiboot binary in the device memory: !openiboot.bin
4. Jump to it: go 0x09000000
5. Relaunch openiboot console
6. Relaunch the client: sudo client/oibc
7. Install the new version: install

This was the only way that I could get it to update/install

trashed

  • Guest
Re: Noltari OpeniBoot 3G builds
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2010, 06:21:40 AM »
what the latest openiboot with support working wifi? i download many latest openiboot and In all  does not work wifi. but in oldest openiboot wifi is work.

imfunny

  • Guest
Re: Noltari OpeniBoot 3G builds
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2010, 08:14:29 AM »
Quote from: "iPhonEric"
Had a problem when installing this.
I uninstalled my current build then installed this build, but it always got stuck on Flashing:something
So what I did was reinstalled the old build I had and updated it by doing:

Launch openiboot
2. Run the client: sudo client/oibc
3. Copy the openiboot binary in the device memory: !openiboot.bin
4. Jump to it: go 0x09000000
5. Relaunch openiboot console
6. Relaunch the client: sudo client/oibc
7. Install the new version: install

This was the only way that I could get it to update/install

I did exactly what you said, but it did not work for me...right now it is stuck on Flashing: chg1 (.....) the second to the last image! so i think i'll keep trying...also, instead of "!openiboot.bin" i had to use "!openiboot.img3" because it could not find the ".bin"...

I just restarted now and when opening openiboot it says i have the new commit! but i get no service in android :(


btw, what wifi drivers work best? right now i have sd8686 from marvel, but i hear that v8 or v9 is best? any suggestions?

Offline MacPhoneDroid

  • Member
  • Posts: 20
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Noltari OpeniBoot 3G builds
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2010, 11:56:04 AM »
Quote from: "Noltari"
The latest openiboot images will always be uploaded to this post.

I'll update them if there are new commits and if I am available.

Latest Openiboot Uploaded (Support for 3G Calls): http://http://github.com/planetbeing/iphonelinux/commit/3dd43907090a0fac3bfadb443b163d8a606d35e7

Cheers, Noltari.

Hi this is a .img we need a .bin
Just change .img to .bin working? or we need a new files? thanks

burdie

  • Guest
Re: Noltari OpeniBoot 3G builds
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2010, 12:02:17 PM »
Hi,

Installing the *.img3 file with "./loadibec openiboot.img3" > " ./oibc" > "install" > "reboot" works fine, no need to install a *.bin file...

Good luck!

Offline luberello

  • Member
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Noltari OpeniBoot 3G builds
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2010, 05:04:11 PM »
I tried to update using two methods described above, but both were not successful. It freezes at the "Reading: ibot" point .
I decided to build from official sources: http://github.com/planetbeing/iphonelinux.git and was able to flash it.
However WiFi is still not working :(

beefy3284

  • Guest
Re: Noltari OpeniBoot 3G builds
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2010, 08:03:52 PM »
Quote from: "luberello"
I tried to update using two methods described above, but both were not successful. It freezes at the "Reading: ibot" point .
I decided to build from official sources: http://github.com/planetbeing/iphonelinux.git and was able to flash it.
However WiFi is still not working :(
Yeah something happened after planetbeing fixed the deadly NOR bug that's when my wifi stopped working also