Poll

Would you like to see an iOS 4 / 4.1 port for the iPhone 2G or are you happy with 3.1.3?

I would like to see iOS4 / 4.1 ported to the iPhone 2G and would support the project!
10 (90.9%)
I am happy with iOS 3.1.3!
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Real iOS 4 / 4.1 on iPhone 2G, Port the Real iOS 4 to the iPhone 2G from 3G?  (Read 859 times)

Offline microang

• View Profile
I was just wondering since the devs on this iphone android project have been doing a lot of hacking and coding etc to get android working on the iPhone 2G and have managed to create a pretty good port if it would be possible to port iOS4 / 4.1 from the 3G to the 2G as I personally think the 2G was the best iphone due it's rugged design and it's pretty much the same as the 3G in hardware from what I see in the status pages. :) Also from youtube videos I've seen 4.1 appears to run quite well on the 3G hardware now! So it would be nice to hear from some devs as to if it's possible and if any devs would be willing to take on the project? I know there are a lot of people who would love to see this done as at the moment all we have is 3.1.3 custom firmware to look like iOS4 which is pretty crap. :(

I have included a poll so people can add there support as to whether they want an iOS4 port or are happy with 3.1.3. I know we have android but it is an iPhone after all and iOS4 has some great features of its own! :)

I hope someone who knows what they're doing can take on the project as the last team who tried it (http://fittingstorm.clanteam.com/project.html) haven't been heared from in a while due to apparent lack of donations although they seemed to have a decet beta port going. :)

I have put this post in this topic because it seemed the best place to put it to reach iPhone 2G devs, if it needs to be moved then please do. :)

Offline ppati000

• View Profile
...the iPhone 2G was the best...
... and iOS 1.0 was the best OS. It didn't have features as App Store, but that's the only ba thing. It was real fast, and I really don't understand why you wanna put 4.0 on iPhone 2G. Well, on a 3G it runs  very slowly and 4.1 isn't much better. I downgraded to 3.1.3 and there I'll stay. ;);)
iPhone 3G iOS (well, iPhone OS at this time) 3.1.3... WHY???? The only good thing: I can install iDroid...;)
Vindoze Wista, 2*2.4 GHz, 2GB RAM, 256 MB Graphics... Not much but enough to play GTA: San Andreas;).
:::::::::: - The END - ::::::::::::

Offline dirtythekid

• View Profile
Yeah, 4.0+ is a little bloated for the 2G and 3G's hardware to handle very well. If you're really interested in the features of the newer firmware, I would suggest using a custom built firmware such as http://www.whited00r.com/howto.php.

Offline ppati000

• View Profile
Your link is dead...
iPhone 3G iOS (well, iPhone OS at this time) 3.1.3... WHY???? The only good thing: I can install iDroid...;)
Vindoze Wista, 2*2.4 GHz, 2GB RAM, 256 MB Graphics... Not much but enough to play GTA: San Andreas;).
:::::::::: - The END - ::::::::::::

Offline kyanox

• View Profile
Whited00r works great except bootlace no longer works on it.  I'd love to see both these projects work together to make one awesome phone.