Author Topic: Bootrom exploits  (Read 2807 times)

Offline iPwnUK

• *Insert Witty Comment Here*
    • View Profile
Re: Bootrom exploits
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2010, 09:46:01 PM »
Used Limera1n to Jailbreak my iPhone4 - would love to install android on it now - don't ask me why. Looking forward to the next release! Keep at it and I promise a donation when I install it!  :)
A donation now would be more helpful to be honest. As a non-profit organization, donation money will only be used towards getting devices to be used for testing and purchasing required software and certificates, so if you donate after the port is finished, that money will not help the people porting to i4, but rather the people porting to i5 or iPad2, which is still a good cause, but if you wanna speed up i4 porting you should donate now :)
Well that's a difficult logic when there is very little official word on what priority the newer devices are getting. And the little that I have heard is that they aren't a priority.
Unless a $10 donation from me is sent along with $395 from other people, it's hard to see my $10 going towards an iPhone 4.

So in a sense, the "it'll be done when it's done" is a little under informative.
If a developer needs donations, then donators need developments, even if the "developments" are just informative promises of future work to be done.

It's also hard to expect preemptive donations for the 3GS/i4 when time and time again they have been stated not to be a priority.
Yes, bluerise put a line referencing i4 in a readme. But it'll take more info than that for a community to recognize a change of priority.

I'm just saying  :P
I can understand where you're coming from, but there has been more than just a line in a readme, check bluerise's twitters (His general one and his dedicated english-only one) for example, he and Hexxah have got the iPhone 4 openiboot code to run on an iPad earlier today: Pic
and also there are constant updates about the status of the iPhone 4 port on both of his twitters as well ;)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 09:47:47 PM by iPwnUK »
--------------iPhone 3G with--------------
iOS 4.1, Android 2.2.1 & PSFreedom

---iPhone 4 with Jailbroken iOS 4.1----
-------Game Center ID - iPwnUK--------

Follow @iDroidProject on Twitter for latest updates!

Offline SeanKPS

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2010, 09:56:57 PM »
Used Limera1n to Jailbreak my iPhone4 - would love to install android on it now - don't ask me why. Looking forward to the next release! Keep at it and I promise a donation when I install it!  :)
A donation now would be more helpful to be honest. As a non-profit organization, donation money will only be used towards getting devices to be used for testing and purchasing required software and certificates, so if you donate after the port is finished, that money will not help the people porting to i4, but rather the people porting to i5 or iPad2, which is still a good cause, but if you wanna speed up i4 porting you should donate now :)
Well that's a difficult logic when there is very little official word on what priority the newer devices are getting. And the little that I have heard is that they aren't a priority.
Unless a $10 donation from me is sent along with $395 from other people, it's hard to see my $10 going towards an iPhone 4.

So in a sense, the "it'll be done when it's done" is a little under informative.
If a developer needs donations, then donators need developments, even if the "developments" are just informative promises of future work to be done.

It's also hard to expect preemptive donations for the 3GS/i4 when time and time again they have been stated not to be a priority.
Yes, bluerise put a line referencing i4 in a readme. But it'll take more info than that for a community to recognize a change of priority.

I'm just saying  :P
I can understand where you're coming from, but there has been more than just a line in a readme, check bluerise's twitters (His general one and his dedicated english-only one) for example, he and Hexxah have got the iPhone 4 openiboot code to run on an iPad earlier today: Pic
and also there are constant updates about the status of the iPhone 4 port on both of his twitters as well ;)
good to hear.  so donations for iphone 4s aren't needed because they have one? Or just an ipad. Also is that stuff in the wiki? I'll follow their twitters, thanks
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 09:59:00 PM by SeanKPS »

Offline iPwnUK

• *Insert Witty Comment Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2010, 12:07:46 AM »
well, i'm guessing that Bluerise is using his own iPhone 4 for testing and developing on, but i know that the iPad that was used was Hexxah's, as it said in his post "with @Hexxeh and his iPad." :P
but dont let that stop from donating, even if it doesn't go directly towards the device you wish for, it will most likely help out in other areas (like the 3GS for example) which may in turn help out with the general running of iDroid or openiboot, etc. with things found in development :P
Sorry if that doesn't make much sense, its been a long day xD
--------------iPhone 3G with--------------
iOS 4.1, Android 2.2.1 & PSFreedom

---iPhone 4 with Jailbroken iOS 4.1----
-------Game Center ID - iPwnUK--------

Follow @iDroidProject on Twitter for latest updates!

Offline ddominator

• The Dominator
  • Global Moderator
  • Sold his soul to Google
    • View Profile
    • Unofficial iDroid News Blog
  • iDevice: iPhone 2G 3.1.3
  • iDroid Version: MoJo 1.0.4.1
  • Jailbreak: redsn0w 0.94 FTW!!!
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2010, 12:08:45 AM »
Also donations help hosting and other matters that require money... :(
Help Google takeover the world. Use Android on your mobile devices, use Chrome Browser, use Chrome OS!!!

Offline SeanKPS

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2010, 03:47:59 AM »
Also donations help hosting and other matters that require money... :(
I hear you, I'll donate.
Plus I do see some nice work going on

Offline Rekoil

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • iDevice: iPhone 3GS (old bootrom), iPod Touch 1G
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2010, 12:29:50 AM »
Donations for bandwidth are actually very welcome at the moment. In the past 5 days we have seen almost 1TB of bandwidth for iDroid distribution and OpeniBoot, the current hosting for those packages only allow us 2TB of bandwidth per month, after that we are permanently capped until we pay per TB.

...we really didn't expect this kind of bandwidth hehe.
32gb factory unlocked iPhone 3GS with early bootrom and shsh for all available firmwares

Offline rgnwshngtn9

• View Profile
  • iDevice: iPhone 4
  • iDroid Version: 2.2
  • Jailbreak: redsn0w
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2010, 06:33:41 PM »
Does anyone know the status of running OpeniBoot on an iPhone4? I've downloaded Bluerise's code from github, which appears to have lots of CONFIG_IPHONE4 ifdefs, but I don't see any console output or USB connection when I try to compile and run it.

What exploit is being used to enable loadibec to install and run OpeniBoot on the iPhone4?

Is there a better thread or blog to read, to keep up-to-date with the specific status of Bluerise's development status?

Thanks!!!

Offline ddominator

• The Dominator
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2010, 06:36:55 PM »
Does anyone know the status of running OpeniBoot on an iPhone4? I've downloaded Bluerise's code from github, which appears to have lots of CONFIG_IPHONE4 ifdefs, but I don't see any console output or USB connection when I try to compile and run it.

What exploit is being used to enable loadibec to install and run OpeniBoot on the iPhone4?

Is there a better thread or blog to read, to keep up-to-date with the specific status of Bluerise's development status?

Thanks!!!
Follow BluerisEN at Twitter. But as far as I know, OpeniBoot for i4 is still in development. So if you compile now, it probably won't work properly.
Help Google takeover the world. Use Android on your mobile devices, use Chrome Browser, use Chrome OS!!!

Offline purecomputer1234

• View Profile
  • iDevice: ipod touch 4G
  • iDroid Version: 1.0.3
  • Jailbreak: limera1n
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2010, 02:07:32 AM »
Hey Check This Page,Bluerisen have a github page that shows some developement.Check it: https://github.com/Bluerise/openiBoot

Check my last post,tried it with some bugs on ubuntu but works
Bugs:flash during 3 secons and starts
that all i know

EDIT: Please don't double post. Edit your post instead.  Yeah and it's Bluerise not Bluerisen... his twitter BluerisEN is in English, instead of his native German (his main is Bluerise).
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 09:09:57 PM by Rekoil »

Offline purecomputer1234

• View Profile
  • iDevice: ipod touch 4G
  • iDroid Version: 1.0.3
  • Jailbreak: limera1n
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2010, 08:44:50 PM »
sorry im a newbie here and i dont know much about forums so anyway,now i`m able of getting a tethered boot is to
make it work on windows instead of linux but i have no experience of coding.Anyone?

Offline Chris102192

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2010, 03:30:34 PM »
DDOMINATOR: Please don't double post. Edit your post instead.  Yeah and it's Bluerise not Bluerisen... his twitter BluerisEN is in English, instead of his native German (his main is Bluerise).

And then you, yourself.... Double posts hahahahah. #Fail. anyways.

Im hoping they are able to  make this happen, at least before iPhone 6. :)
this would definitely be a nice addition to our current iPhones.

Offline ddominator

• The Dominator
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2010, 04:23:45 PM »
DDOMINATOR: Please don't double post. Edit your post instead.  Yeah and it's Bluerise not Bluerisen... his twitter BluerisEN is in English, instead of his native German (his main is Bluerise).

And then you, yourself.... Double posts hahahahah. #Fail. anyways.

Im hoping they are able to  make this happen, at least before iPhone 6. :)
this would definitely be a nice addition to our current iPhones.
Actually I was the one who posted the double post note... but yeah, he posted again anyways (a triple post).