will open iboot continue to function if i remove i0s?

Device bootloader development

will open iboot continue to function if i remove i0s?

by ttk2 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:19 pm

simple question will open iboot (and android) continue to work i deleted all i0s files? I ask this because ios on my iphone 2g crashes about half of the time when i lock the phone and then takes hours to start again. displaying nothing but the apple logo and sometimes restarting itself. I do not see the point of wasting space on a operating system that does not even work.
ttk2

Re: will open iboot continue to function if i remove i0s?

by Stoned99 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:26 pm

Do a fresh install of IOS. Android is not ready to be the first OS: no gpu, no pmu, etc
It would work but you need to make sure that /private/var stays there
Stoned99

by ttk2 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:13 pm

do itunes restores count as reinstalls? i have tried that many times already. If not is there a way to do a full wipe/ reinstall outside of itune?s a quick Google search comes up with nothing.
ttk2

by Stoned99 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:08 am

yep. itunes counts. But don't restore to the same os if you have problem with it. I don't see how your android could be working faster or better than apple at the moment. So I must have something to do with the version you are using...
Stoned99

by forged » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:09 am

i think i have the same problem..

one reasons why i install android on my iphone, is that my iphone wont boot iOS properly anymore. I have try every method, but from my experience it will only last for 2-5 day and the problem come back. This problem is that it only boot till the apple logo. Then, i thought it might be the boot loop, but when i check, everything is fine. but when i install android, android start up just fine, unlike the iOS which is very annoying to me.

my iphone symptom,
- sometime it only boot till the apple logo and sometime it will be able to boot.
- when the iphone is put into sleep mode, sometime it went for deep sleep (wont wake up).

Solution,
-Install android
or,
-when my iphone is able to boot, i wont put it into sleep mode, leave it to stand by.
forged

by ttk2 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:21 pm

forged yes my problem is identical to that in every way, Stoned99 its not so much that it works faster or better its that it really starts up and will work without constant freezing and crashing.
ttk2

by fergy » Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:25 pm

forged wrote:i think i have the same problem..

one reasons why i install android on my iphone, is that my iphone wont boot iOS properly anymore. I have try every method, but from my experience it will only last for 2-5 day and the problem come back. This problem is that it only boot till the apple logo. Then, i thought it might be the boot loop, but when i check, everything is fine. but when i install android, android start up just fine, unlike the iOS which is very annoying to me.

my iphone symptom,
- sometime it only boot till the apple logo and sometime it will be able to boot.
- when the iphone is put into sleep mode, sometime it went for deep sleep (wont wake up).

Solution,
-Install android
or,
-when my iphone is able to boot, i wont put it into sleep mode, leave it to stand by.

Nice reason to installing Android but.... I have few 2G and 3G. Even on 2G is iOS4 I don't have any problems with it.
You say that phone work 2-5 days and then don't want to boot iOS? Strange.
What exactly You do for reflash phone, what method, what firmware, from where is downloaded?
If You use method what idev team was suggest everytime, then I don't see a reason that phone block, even You restore all apps back.
Reflashing iOS is like You buy new phone in the market so no way that it block or whatever do within 2-5 days except You use "strange" flash.
Ramon-Tomislav Rebersak
Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing, University of Zagreb, Croatia
Linux Development Department

http://www.fer.hr

fergy

Return to OpeniBoot development