ddFroYo2G -- download link and changelog

Device drivers and Android system development

ddFroYo2G -- download link and changelog

by ddominator » Sun Jul 18, 2022 6:33 am

ddFroYo2G is the Android 2.2 (Frozen Yogurt) port for iPhone2G, it is compiled by ddominator based on the code from android.git.kernel.org and the community repo (github.com/iDroid-Project).

LATEST RELEASE: Version 5 (ddFroYo2g_v5.zip) July 30, 2021

Changes:

V5 (July 30, 2021):
1. ANDROID MARKET - fixed Android Market bug that displays Installation Failed. Android Market is not included in this release.

2. USERDATA.IMG and CACHE.IMG - userdata.img is now 150MB and cache.img is 100MB.

3. SHARED iTUNES LIBRARY - automatically fixed /private/var/mobile/Media permissions to allow shared iOS and Android library.

V4 (July 27, 2021):
1. DNS FIX - I have included the DNS fix using OpenDNS servers in android.img.gz

2. LARGER CACHE.IMG - I have increased the size of cache.img to equal that of system.img this will slightly boost performance.

3. SD CARD EMULATION - SD card now works. Enough said. Default linked SD card folder in iPhone OS is /private/var/mobile/Media (where the MP3s are).

If you already have the stock V3 (without google apps or any modifications to system.img), just replace system.img, android.img.gz and cache.img.

V3 (July 18, 2022):
1. SERVICE PROVIDER - Bluerise has merged the libril files into one single file. This new file gives service to 2G and for some reason DTMF tones also work (the code is there but doesn't really work for 3G).

2. VIBRATION - Since ringtones don't work (for now...), I used waleedq's vibration fix for Donut. This is now a Dildroid as Alex and JonseY would say.

3. SOUNDS - Although sound fix has worked in v2, some users have lost sound when upgrading to v2 (it was working for them on original release). I have made changes that will hopefully make sound work for everybody.

4. SPEED (?) - I know 2.2 is slower than 1.6. So what I did was to reduce userdata.img to 100MB instead of the original 200MB. I have tested it and I found it a bit faster. Of course it could all be a subjective experience for me. You can try the new userdata.img and please post (on the testing thread not here - link below) your findings.

5. ACCELEROMETER - although we already had accelerometer since the first release, the code on the community repo was faulty (we're still debugging it). It caused a bug that would kill accelerometer once the screen locked. I had to use Dario's original code for this as the bug only happens with the code from the community repo.

Notes:

1. As with all my releases, this will always be rooted.
2. Firmware should be placed in iPhoneOS /private/var/firmware
3. The SDcard directory is set as /private/var/mobile/Media please read this: http://www.idroidproject.org/wiki/SDcar ... _iPhone_OS
4. The kernel (zImage) is based on Alex's config except I had removed USB support until ricky26 posts his improved drivers.

Get it here:
V5: http://www.mediafire.com/?c7nsl19svfnrjs6
V4: http://www.mediafire.com/file/9b5jvzna8 ... o2G_v4.zip

Older files here:
http://idroid.nickpack.com/iDroid/testing/

Installation Instructions

1. If you have Android 1.6 installed and are willing to upgrade, just delete the following files from iPhoneOS /private/var: android.img.gz, cache.img, ramdisk.img, system.img, userdata.img, and zImage.
2. Then extract the contents of the zip archive (there should be 5 files).
3. Transfer/upload by whatever means the 5 files (android.img.gz, cache.img, system.img, userdata.img, zImage) to your iPhoneOS /private/var
4. ramdisk.img is no longer needed
5. Put your firmware into iPhoneOS /private/var/firmware if you haven't done this yet. Create a "firmware" folder if you have to.
6. If you have never installed iDroid ever, read this: http://www.idroidproject.org/wiki/Installing_iDroid

General Comments:
- Android Market and other Google Apps (or any of the android market apps) are proprietary software so they will never be included in my releases. Even if apps are free, Terms of Service indicate that we cannot redistribute apps we download from the Market. If you want to know how to install Android Market and Google Apps, visit the 3G forums for a tutorial... I'm too lazy to link it.

- I know a thread exists for the testing. I want that thread to contain comments about bugs, fixes etc.
- As for distribution, I will keep updating the first post of this thread.
- This thread is just for distributions, announcements and changelog of the releases. If you note a bug/problem, or have a question to ask, please direct it at the "Froyo 2.2 testing for iphone 2g" thread (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=920) or PM me.
- If you want to thank me: You don't need to post it. You're welcome anyway and please donate to Bluerise (http://blueri.se) if you can (even if he uses 3G).
Last edited by ddominator on Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:01 am, edited 9 times in total.
I've sold my soul to Google.
I'm running my iPhone with the better OS (Android 2.2).
I'm using Google Chrome instead of MSIE and Firefox.

On iPhone 2G 3.1.2 with Android 2.2 (ddFroYo2G)

ddominator

Re: ddFroYo2G -- download link and changelog

by matvey » Sun Jul 18, 2022 8:22 am

Great work!!! And what about Market and Multitouch?

Does the speed of Android on the number of installed applications and substrates in iOs?
And if I have already installed 1.6 which my steps to install 2.2?
iPhone 2G 8GB OS 3.1.3 - Windows 7, Ubuntu 10.04 and Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.8 (Hackintosh)
matvey

by ddominator » Sun Jul 18, 2022 9:04 am

Ok I'll edit the original post above for installation instructions.

ddominator

by matvey » Sun Jul 18, 2022 11:15 am

Thank you!!! It's work cool. Wifi - ok, Deal - ok, sms - ok. Speed -not so slow that i think(cool) Great work of you and other. I donate with great pleasure if you finish that. Thank's!
iPhone 2G 8GB OS 3.1.3 - Windows 7, Ubuntu 10.04 and Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.8 (Hackintosh)
matvey

by bloodred6366 » Mon Jul 19, 2022 4:22 am

just loaded up v3 and going good.

calls - great
overrall speed - good, slightly slower than 1.6 but much faster than ddfroyov1.
sound - good
wifi - great

This is the most useable version of idroid i have used, including original 1.6.!Awesome job!
cheers dd, look forward to newer revisions.

Edit - If you disable ALL animations, speeds up significantly. I guess unitl GPU driver is reverse engineered, all animations will be slow.

bloodred6366

by rumel1988 » Mon Jul 19, 2022 7:20 am

please upload to rapidshare or mediafire. I cant download from DF
rumel1988

by wepo » Mon Jul 19, 2022 8:27 am

matvey wrote:Thank you!!! It's work cool. Wifi - ok, Deal - ok, sms - ok. Speed -not so slow that i think(cool) Great work of you and other. I donate with great pleasure if you finish that. Thank's!

can y backup your android.img.gz and system.img for me ? i am not working multitouch .
wepo

by matvey » Mon Jul 19, 2022 8:42 am

wepo wrote:
matvey wrote:Thank you!!! It's work cool. Wifi - ok, Deal - ok, sms - ok. Speed -not so slow that i think(cool) Great work of you and other. I donate with great pleasure if you finish that. Thank's!

can y backup your android.img.gz and system.img for me ? i am not working multitouch .

From where? I have no place where to throw those files.
matvey

by ddominator » Mon Jul 19, 2022 8:45 am

wepo wrote:

Read the installation instructions i posted above for the multitouch...

ddominator

by wepo » Mon Jul 19, 2022 5:16 pm

Sorry ddominator . Recently , I am so tired so much as a distraction and stress , that affecting everything . Today , i finish installing ddfroyo 2.2 on 2G . So great , but i am feeling that it so slowly and laggy than 1.6 . Tommorrow , i will install Gapps for it . This time is nearly starting a new day in Saigon Vietnam, I must go to bed .
wepo

Next

Return to iDroid development