By Nick Dawson (Neonkoala)
Current Version: 2.1.5
Bootlace is an iOS application which allows the installation of iDroid and OpeniBoot as well as configuration of OpeniBoot settings. Also supported is QuickBoot - a way of directly booting into the selected OS without modifying normal OpeniBoot settings.
Warning: there is a known issue with Bootlace and Backgrounder. Please disable backgrounder for Bootlace - this should be possible as an individual app preference.
- iOS 3.1.2 -> 4.2.1
- iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G or iPod Touch 1G
- Redsn0w, PwnageTool or Blackra1n Jailbreak
1. Install the package Bootlace from Cydia.
2. Install OpeniBoot.
3. Install iDroid.
QuickBoot: Tapping one of the icons will reboot your device directly into the OS selected without affecting your permanent OpeniBoot settings. It is a type of 'one-shot-booting'.
OpeniBoot: OpeniBoots can be installed, upgraded, removed and configured from here. The settings allow you to pick which OS to automatically boot and after how long.
OpeniBoot Advanced Settings: Use this view to backup and restore your NVRAM (and thus OpeniBoot) configuration or reset it to some default settings.
iDroid: Select this tab to install, upgrade or remove iDroid. This will not show any iDroid installed unless it was installed with Bootlace.
A compatible openiboot supports the following features:
- Default OS selection - Using NVRAM value opib-default-os. Values are: 0 - iPhone OS, 1 - Android OS, 2 - Console.
- Menu timeout - Using NVRAM value opib-menu-timeout (Value is in milliseconds for compatibility). 0 Disables auto-boot.
- One-shot booting - Using NVRAM value opib-temp-os Values are the same as default OS.
Bootlace will not run unless it detects a compatible openiboot. Compatibility is checked with the NVRAM value for opib-version. This is set on installation and removed on uninstallation. Temp OS is disabled when it is set to the same as default OS.
Versioning is as follows:
0.1.3+ - Installed by Bootlace 2.1, changes how default-os and temp-os behave.
0.1.2 - Required for iDroid 1.0.2.
0.1.1 - Full support.
0.1 - Supported but missing one-shot booting.
Contact me on IRC or preferably submit bug reports to the tracker here:
Thanks to the following:
- Patrick Wildt (Bluerise) and CPICH for their work patching the kernel to allow NOR flashing.
- Nick Pack (nickp666) for Bootlace contributions and graphics.
- Kevin Elliott (knight) for Bootlace contributions
- Marky for his Android and Bootlace graphics. This app wouldn't look half as nice without them!
- poorlad for his openiboot graphics
- planetbeing for openiboot itself
- apocolipse for his modifications to openiboot to make this work and get me started!
- The current iDroid development team for testing, input and OpeniBoot code
- New installs will no longer be affected by old/restored user defaults as kernel will be checked on launch
- Fixed multitouch firmware dumping for some affected users
- Added iOS 4.2.1 support
- Restored wifi firmware grabber
- Broken upgrade routine fixed
- Fixed issues with iOS 4.1 and new PwnageTool versions
- Fixed compatibility with Redsn0w 0.9.6b2
- Compatibility check now MD5s the DATA section of the IMG3
- iPod Touch 1G support added
- Fixed iPhoDroid mess
- OpeniBoot installation and upgrade
- OpeniBoot removal
- Kernel patching to alow userland NOR flashing
- Full upgrade support. Should be not more updates solely to support new iDroid releases.
- Post-install script support.
- Implemented upgrade routines in preparation for iDroid 1.0.2
- Added OpeniBoot version check when installing
- Added Bootlace update checker - alerts you when open if new update is available
- Added Bootlace version check when installing
- Added badges to Bootlace icon to indicate if an update is available but not installed (signified by 1) or if an update to Bootlace is available but not installed (signified by !)
- Added mains power checker to advise people to connect to mains before installing
- Added space checker to check enough free space is available before installing
- Disabled autolock for the duration of install
- Updated update checker to clarify if plist could not be fetched or if iDroid is unavailable for current device
- Revamped install progress to use two progress bars to show overall progress and progress of the current step in detail.
- Revamped icon from marky
- Install process now detects if idroid package has already been downloaded and uses that instead if MD5 matches.
- Added advanced screen to iDroid install to allow separate dumping of multitouch firmware and wifi firmware for those who don't wish to run the install process.
- Added error logging - thanks to Kevin Elliott
- Swapped UIButtons for UIGlassButtons in Settings -> Advanced to match theme
- Fixed malformed installed.plist causing crash.
- Fixed cancel button not working.
- Fixed 404 causing program crash - thanks to Kevin Elliott
- Fixed clean up causing crash when package path is a null value.
- Fixed 41 potential memory leaks.
- iPod Touch 1st Generation install support
- First release with installation capabilities for iPhone 2G and iPhone 3G
- Initial release